I Just Don't Get It?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Just Don't Get It?

As a long time player of PvP MMOs, I think I have seen about every breed of player out there. Ranging from the extraordinary talented, to the down right "special" folks who can probably qualify for the para-Olympics, I have seen them all. There is one type of player however, that for the life of me, I just don't understand why they still exist. I like to call this special breed of player the "All Talk, No Walk" guys. These are the players that will ramble on and on and on, but at the end of the day, their results are vastly inferior to their talk. When I first started playing Open PvP MMOs, I would have quickly surmised that this breed would quickly go extinct. Boy... have I been wrong. Not only have they not declined in numbers, they seem to have flourished within the MMO community as our guild has progressed from game to game! I just don't get it?

Case in point: last night.

Funshax and I decided to go grind a little XP as well as go on a PK spree before we logged for the night. We decided to go to Cragwind Ridge, cause the opponents there would be level appropriate, and if we didn't find a fight, we can always settle for some mind numbing monster bashing. Well... we found a fight.

We came up on Simulated (of the guild Keepers of Faith) and Ike (of the guild Valley of Death). Needless to say, we made short work of them. As is the tradition, shit-talk tells follow quickly after each death (except for Ike, he was a standup chap!) and both of them desperately tried to stealth PK us in return as part of their act of veagance. Needless to say, they die numerous times.

It was at this point that Simulated snapped. I literally had close to 50 tells from him talking mass shit over and over. (And it wasn't even creative shit-talk! It was like "I'm going to OwNz YoU, you guild is KOS asshole, you'll get what's coming to you murderer" etc. etc.) I couldn't tell if he was roleplaying as some elf idiot, or if this was his genuine personality. I pray it's the former for the sake of the general population of Tharridon.

I'm sure you can see where this story is going right?

We as a guild try not to be lame, but when you talk shit to us, you basically give us open permission to lame you to death via corpse camping and altar camping. (Hey! Getting called an asshole hurts my feelings man! ... Alot! ... Really!!!) What happened next was basically 10-15 2 vs. 2 fights. The latter half of these fights involved an individual named Mitanni (of the guild E.G.G.). So It was 2 v. 2, then 2 v. 3. I know you're all wondering how the fights ended up right? I'll put it this way: Ike logged off having lost 90+ silver to us, Mitanni had double digit infamy left and Simulated filled up my entire chatbox with more tell spam than Western Qalia did. I even took a quick snapshot of my chatbox to sum up that whole fighting sequence:

As you can clearly see, I made it quite clear to Simulated what would happen if he kept ress'ing at the altar. (Consider it my charity act for the day) Between the timeframe of my very generous warning and Simulated's pleas for mercy, probably 6 to 7 fights occurred. I'll let you guess who won those fights.

There's a point to this whole story.

You may not like us. You may despise us. But at the end of the day, you will respect us.

I'm actually a really nice person. So anytime that we have to demoralize an enemy to the point that they're BEGGING us to not attack them, I feel... kinda bad. Really, I do. I take no joy whatsoever when we defeat an enemy so bad, they don't even bother fighting back, but instead, are pleading for mercy. Makes me wonder why these people made characters on a FFA PvP Server if they did not have the stomach for it.

This brings me back to the point I was originally making. Why do people still exist that consistently talk big, but accomplish little? Example: Simulated. Talked alot of shit, but at the end of the day, was begging us to not attack him and his group. You would think he has learned his lesson and that's one less "All Talk, No Walk" guy running around right? So why do they still exist? I just don't get it?
Working...
X