VG: Introducing Iruel, spokesman for Ebonlore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VG: Introducing Iruel, spokesman for Ebonlore

Allow me to introduce our new fanboi guild of the week: Ebonlore.

First off, a little history on these folks: My only memory of Ebonlore dates back to their Shadowbane days. I don’t remember the history that well, but the jist of it includes the leadership of Ebonlore backstabbing their own guild and cleaning the guild coffers out. Basically, leadership fucking over membership than EBay’ing everything they stole.

Ouch, that’s kind of fucked up! Even here at OPP, we have a certain sense of honor and gaming standards, some shit like this definitely crosses the line.

Not surprisingly Ebonlore as a guild burnt out from existence in the first few weeks of Shadowbane. (I guess fucking over your own guild makes it kind of hard to get them to support you later on?) I had honestly thought the entire guild disbanded and died off. However, I was wrong. Apparently given enough time, even the worst stigma attached to your guild name can be forgotten.

So here we are, in the present day, faced with Ebonlore in the world of Vanguard. Looks like the internal strife that plagued them from Shadowbane has followed them into this new game. Click Here to find out more.

So exactly how did Ebonlore become a fanboi of OPP? It’s quite simple, and the best way I can show you is visually and with the help of my new friend Iruel.

The whole story starts off with an OPP group PK’ing Iruel and his group buddies (who were apparently Ebonlore alts). Needless to say, Iruel goes berserk and starts sending tell spam. I was somewhat amused and responded:

So let me get this straight? OPP PKs a generic newbie and his group, the generic newbie gets mad and makes empty threats? If you check out some of the old news posts, this has been a pretty consistent and reoccurring theme. You would think people learn eventually, but alas, they don’t.

I was pretty amused by this BOLD declaration by Iruel that his buddy was going to wipe the floor with us. So being the wonderful antagonist that I am, I went along and continued our conversation:

It was at this point that I began to realize I was dealing with a retard. (Maybe retards… there could be more than one!)

Complication? WTF is going on? Was the guy crafting or some shit? LOL

So I waited for this mysterious buddy of his to show up and properly “educate” me on why PK’ing Iruel and Ebonlore alts was a bad idea.

Apparently while I was waiting, Iruel had instructed two of his group mates to re-log onto level 50 finished characters and come teach us a lesson. First off, I had to laugh. Anytime you can so utterly destroy a group that they’re forced to re-log on max’d out characters, is kind of a partial victory already. Secondly, at the time I was level 43, and the days of people logging on max’d out characters to automatically win were long over.

These buddies of Iruel’s eventually showed up and let’s just say they were given a lesson in OPP PvP.

After killing his level 50s, I think Iruel was not only stunned, but began to think of ways to weasel out of fighting us further…

I love the 180 degree change in attitude by Iruel. At first, he was super cocky and supremely confident that he was going to teach us a lesson. After OPP properly puts him and his buddies in place, he starts asking why we’re fighting. Does this ever get old?

Uh oh… he’s starting to use CAPS now! Imminent meltdown incoming!

Ummm, did he just say war? Are you fucking kidding me? If OPP was ever “at war” you would not only know about it, but feel it instantly. Has he not learned his lesson yet? Jesus I swear, sometimes we get so many empty threats it goes beyond the point of being comical. Just look through some of the old news posts and you’ll see that Ebonlore is not the first to put us on their KOS and certainly won’t be the last.

After Iruel has had some time to cool off, he sends me one final message:

Wait a minute, you mean this guy still thinks he has a remote chance in hell of defeating us? When you have level 50s that can’t beat level 30s and level 40s, how the hell are you going to hunt us down when everyone in OPP is level 50 and the playing field is even? I don’t get it?

Iruel however, was kind enough to explain how he plans to defeat us:

Ohhh, I get it now. He plans to have the entire server band together versus OPP to have a chance. I suppose that’ll work… maybe?

What more can I say? Just another day in the gaming world of OPP. Making enemies, pissing people off, getting the server to rally against you. Does it ever get old?

Ebonlore, is another classic example of what is wrong with today's gaming culture. A Win at all costs attitude.

This is the downfall of a lot of guilds out there, and will almost always result in their own self-destruction.

Comment

Jackal's laf @ EBL!

Funny night of PKing...

Great Link in the original post also! If you didn't read it, it's worth at least looking at. It pretty much describes Ebonlores play style, like Yaz said: A Win at all costs attitude. They exploit to get their charcs maxed as quickly as possible and when regular casual gamers catch up they claim to be "bored" and quit. Scarred of competition much?

I remember single groups of OPP/DHL fighting groups of 40+ Eblonlore outside their city for days straight in Shadowbane Beta and rarely losing a single guy. One time in particular, we camped their Capitol city (a city with over 1000 charcs bound to it) for an entire day/night with about a group. Their response? Practice to get better? Bring more guys? Nah...they brought bulwarks to the nearest DHL city around 1am pst and camped it all morning when there wasn't enough of us on anymore to deal with their zerg force. Yah, you know I save my screenshots:

I'm pretty sure I see a Kane in that pic...newb TBH!

Which brings us to VG, where our first real run in with these guys includes us wiping their group of close to even level alts (their lowest guy was high 20's our lowest was level 21) without taking a single loss. Getting tell spammed, call griefers (by perhaps the biggest advocate of hacking on our server), and called out in global chat even though they had more guys/higher levels.

I guess when your ego is the purpose for your entire online existence it gets frustrating when a lower level group wins numerous fights against you outnumbered and out gunned? I'm pretty sure a big NICE DIE Ebonlore is in order...

I mean, when we wiped out the main KGB group last night with their guildmaster in it they didn't even cry as much as ebonlore did...

laf

P.S. Everyone please add OPP to your KOS list!!!

Comment

raffles

Comment

I'm surprised Ebonlore is still around. Last I heard about them was the stint they pulled on Fear server in SB; they mass recruited several hundred people until it was by leaps and bounds the largest guild and city on the map, dominating the server through massive overwhelming numbers. Some smaller guilds rebelled, and when Ebonlore inevitably started to lose leadership decided to save face by taking all the money and assets earned by the mass recruited members and sold most of it on eBay

By the looks of it they have an entirely new pool of saps to mass-dip from

Ebonlore is so big a joke they are almost not worth posting about. Good post anyway = D

Comment

Im debating leaving OPP to join Ebonlore. True story.

Comment

Nice die?

Comment

So long story short.. shitty SB guild makes for shitty VG guild?

GASP SAY IT ISNT SO!

Comment

P.S. No editing?? and TwisteD is sexy

Comment

hahahahaha

Comment

Ebonlore was run off of Rallos Zek many years ago.

Some of us, from Teir'Dal Templar, helped in that, even though everyone hated us too (but for different reasons).

Now we are here on Sartok. Can't wait to level up a bit and Kill some Ebonlore again, as well.
                      And OPP, hello, I was in Shadowbane for a while when it was released. I remember you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nuncio
                        Ebonlore was run off of Rallos Zek many years ago.

Some of us, from Teir'Dal Templar, helped in that, even though everyone hated us too (but for different reasons).

Now we are here on Sartok. Can't wait to level up a bit and Kill some Ebonlore again, as well.
                        And OPP, hello, I was in Shadowbane for a while when it was released. I remember you.
                        yo, sup!

Comment

Working...
                        X