Oh Oh Shiny Trees!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh Oh Shiny Trees!!!

The VG team recently posted a poll regarding issues that the playerbase would like to see addressed. Of the 90+ thousand subscribers about 750 have responded so far and overwelmingly want Environment issues addressed...

k...

VG has the most complex environment of any MMOG thus far. It's so graphic intensive that a lot of people have to play on the lowest possible settings. Over-all, the environment is beautiful and very intereractive. They have player controlled mounts including flying mounts and boats as well as player housing FFS!!! No game has done that since...uh EVER! There's a few bugs with the environment that need to be addressed. Things like falling through mountains and rocks (which exist in EVERY SINGLE MMOG ever released) that could be addressed, but other than that...what would warrent the environment needing attention?

I don't even want to get into it because it's very simple, so I'll leave you with one simple explanation:

RANDOM PEOPLE WHO POST ON GAMING FORUMS ARE STUPID AND DEVS SHOULD NEVER LISTEN TO THEM!!!

Link to the Poll

Some Gems with Sarcastic Remarks (of course):

"I have to go with enviroment, with this running smoother the game will be alot less choppy and chunk lines will be alot easier to pass over. That and I like to site see alot and with enviroment working it would be awsome to be high in the mountain's with snow or something!"
    -Nite
    Server: Varking
    Guild: Knights of Vengeance

I agree, I wish the devs would spent more time on snow

"I voted Art... So many people yell about performance. Maybe instead of blaming the game you should update your computer or get a new one.. The game runs fine on my machine. I know on my old one it didnt but on my new one it does.

This game is really lacking in Art variation... GIVE US armor Variation PLEASE!

For the people who claim there are bugs all over. I see no more bugs than any MMO is going to have .. I have seen most the major ones get fixed..Congrats to the dev team for fixing most the bugs.
    "
    -computertrucker

Yah, I put the whole post in bold...Sometimes I feel bad poking fun at the mentally retarded.

"I voted for environment because of the many lag caused by graphics all around Telon.

If I had a second choice, I would choose content : high level content, raids, T3 diplo horse quest, T4 + T5 diplo clothings and quests... and quests for all spheres too

In third place I would pick classes issues. It is important but to retain players, I think the focus should be first on performance, then content, then class issues and balance.."

Yah, having a balanced game that plays and runs well for everyone is my third priority also, right behind a ridable beetles and ninjas!!! FYI I once got Many Lag too!

"We need human character models that aren't the most unattractive people you've ever seen."
    -au

Yah, because the dwarfs, orcs, goblins, etc are super hot and the humans just don't do it for me. I've had to start playing a halfling to find attractive people to cyber! Sorry for the short response but my girlfriend wants me to go put on my raccoon costume now.

"The thing that would bring me back to the game is a redesign of the crafting system -- crafting is a big part of my game in any MMO I play and I just don't find this crafting system fun. By level 12, I was getting overwhelmed by the complication of the system."
    -SwordMage

This game so frustrating, it usually takes me about 30 minutes to figure out how to push my mouse buttons just to launch the game and then you expect me to push more buttons to craft!?!? Fuck this I quit!!!

"Too long night time. Its ok, that the night is dark and its difficult to play at night, BUT !!!! Because this is a game and people do not are logging in to get annoyed by hard circumstances, the night may not have such a long duration, like now ! Please change the duration of the night to 6 minutes real time, no longer ! You could make the sunrise and fall time a bit longer, but the full darkness must be very short !

Unspeakable annoying "speech" of the banker (and other) NPCs. When I go in Tursh Village into the bank the stupid bank NPC (woman) is frequently saying such dumb things like "hmmmm...ohhh". This is terrible annoying ! I hate it to go into the bank because of this."
    -botond

I'm pretty sure this post was a joke, but the broken english makes me question this person's ability to think so I posted it anyway!

"User Interface for me as well. It's the small things. Like "House Recall" always disappearing.

Then Quests, for sure. Disappearing mobs, broken chains, spelling mistakes, incomplete directions. Real pain imo."
    -DunesVladHarkonnen

You're Real stupid imo

"I voted for Environment Issues - assuming this means fixing things like the Port-to-NT-and-Die bug, locked mobs and resource nodes, and chunking issues."
    -Slyde

Finding a broken mob or resource node once a week really fucks up my gaming experience!!! This is a priority for sure!

"I also picked environment issues. The next most annoying thing about my play is the chunk lines.

Pixel shading doesn't work over chunk lines, if you have your torch on you can see them as the torch doesn't work in the other chunk.

The chunks completely stop gameplay while you're zoning in this 'seamless world' for too long (anything more than instant is too long)

Chunking still reverts you to first person on occasion and always turns off your torch

Autofollow stops working when you chunk, so if you have a groupmember who has to afk while you're moving, the entire group has to wait for him/her to get back if you zone."
    -Euwen

I've been hoping they put their resources toward Auto Follow, server lines/chunks (which I cross maybe once a day now with teleporters in), and of course the MOST annoying bug ever = shading issues with my torch! I can't tell you how frustrating it is when the most shiny and dare I say USELESS item in the game doesn't work to perfection!!!

Comment

hey I use the torch, man.

And as much as that guy is campaigning to stop the woman banker from saying "hmmmmm... OhhHhH [Fats]" , I'm going to campaign just as hard to keep it in.

Comment

if "environmental issues" makes the game run more smoothly then yah!

Comment

Honestly, is anyone surprised?

Ever since the SOE takeover of Sigil, it seems the quality of the product has taken a freefall into god knows where.

This lastest poll to find out what needs fixed further showcases that the devs still don't get it.

Your MMO will never be perfect, it'll never be completely fixed. What you need to work on is attracting players and retaining players. Players only come play and are retained if they have FUN in a game.

Having snow? or fixing slight speech inconsistencies in NPC text won't make your game more fun. Fixing obvious lag issues will. Fixing balance and overall gameplay will.

Whoever's idea it was to have that poll is a freaking moron.

No good can come of it.

THe ideas generated are worthless (as evidenced by the quotes), it does nothing but draw negative publicity onto your game, and further causes vexation upon players who lose IQ points when reading that shit.

Comment

Uhhh Its SOE. Im not surprised. This player base is what you may expect to find in like EQ or WoW

Comment

I want my fucking ambient environment textures!

I NEED THEM TO SEDUCE THE ONLINE "WO"MEN.

Comment

Gamers dont know dick about making or upkeeping a video game.

I concur....never listen to them............MOST of the time.

Comment

Working...
                X