Ganking, No Community, and Exploiting:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ganking, No Community, and Exploiting:

Ganking, No Community, and Exploiting are this weeks specials on the menu! Well, that’s what many of the “merged” players onto Sartok would like you to believe. The official VG forums now have quite a few posts from outspoken Trammy types complaining about nearly everything including my favorite topic: “everyone who kills me on a PvP server is a ganking newbie 5 year old kid trying to thump his e-chest”.

“OK yes most gankers are prolly 5 year olds ill agree with that, but having to log out and do other sh*t while i wait for them to get bored is not a great use of my time either, i like to pvp but wheres the fun when you can stand still at the altar for 3 mins and you still get your ass raped when you go attackable again, again its hard enuff to PvP with a 350-450 ping against kids with prolly 100-200 ping tops with out them trying to camp you contstantly, said it before and ill say it again BLOW THAT!!”
    -Dunno

“…your post just goes to show what many feared, no respect for crafters, ive been killed by lamers while grinding cause they didnt want a fair fight and the fact that you even consider having a lvl 1 alt to bank etc is just stupid having to avoid banking cause some asswipe is gonna kill ya where ya stand and say" pwned lol i got your coin" just shows how futile the whole FFA ruleset is, ill be taking all my toons pve and hope raiding comes soon, and theres gonna be another point for you lamers to play on when raiding comes in lets huff cause we didnt get the loot we wanted and leave the group and start killing or party, stick FFA where the sun dont shine its flawed and unplayable”
    -Dunno

Ironic name? Its interesting how anytime one of these loudmouths dies they got “ganked”, were “crafting”, and the person that kills them is an “exploiting five year old”. If you follow this excuse ridden lunacy then he’s admitting that he’s constantly being bested by five year olds. One of the things my ten years of MMO experience has taught me is that guys like “Dunno” are often middle aged folks with the mentality of a five year old who exploit to win and make excuses when they lose. He is what he hates which explains a lot from a psychological point of view.

Now from an OPP point of view, we play games on PvP servers to focus on well…PvP. I get attacked by multiple people while doing other stuff numerous times everyday. The difference is that I've taken the time to practice and learn about the game so I usually win those fights anyway. As anyone who reads here regularly knows, we don’t really play like any other guilds because of our intense focus on competition. That doesn’t change the fact that we go out solo or in groups and kill other players because it’s more challenging than killing monsters. For any real Vet MMOer, killing monsters isn’t challenging at all. This point brings me from the lunacy of some people to the stupidity of others.

“That won't help you anything when you are attacked while you assemble a sloop and loose preassembled parts that required about 200 resources and 3 hours of crafting.”
    -Kregora

When VG launched I made a post on our private forums about all the options IVG regarding housing, boats, crafting, diplomacy, and all the other shit to do. One of our members can make boats and I haven’t ever heard him say anything about being killed while making a boat. If it takes 200 resources and three hours of crafting to make parts for a bigger item, wouldn’t you at least consider trying to protect yourself somehow? I guess my time is more valuable than Kregora’s…maybe he just likes to complain…or maybe he’s just an ignorant person? Here's a free tip: if you're going to cry like a little girl every time you die while crafting, then please take the necessary steps to avoid aforementioned crying so we don't all have to hear about it. It's very disheartening to know that there are so many dumb people in this world, stop reminding me, Thx!

All of the above quickly brings us to the root issue behind all of this nonsense. There is a lack of community in all major MMOs right now and some of it is the developers fault, but it’s also equally the player’s fault for not contributing. As players put more into their guild they build small communities that then contribute to the bigger community. Over the years, a lack of playable PvP in MMOs and burnout guilds has given players the ability to guild hop between mass recruited guilds and get everything they wanted (protection, groups, gold, items, etc) without giving anything back.

“Why do you team PvPer's not realise what an opportunity this is for you?

Why do you believe Team PvP must be hardcoded into the game?

This is an opportunity for you and your guilds to create the team PvP on this server.

Not through hardcoded "You can't attack that person", but through real diplomacy and real teamwork. A perfect opportunity to actually affect the gameplay, instead of it being hardcoded for you.”
    -Nuncio

Wouldn't a better way to make your point be to stay around Sartok and help slaughter the gankers? You'll find not everyone's a moron, and you can end up fighting alongside some pretty decent folk ... though, if PvP really isn't your cup of tea, then I guess you're better off just moving to a PvE server. In any case, please quit making so much noise on your way out the door - some of us are fairly happy with the merge, and all this complaining isn't likely to bring the old servers back. Hope you find better experiences elsewhere.
    -Ashindai – Sundered Guard

When many of these people complain about a game having no community they are really just calling themselves selfish newbies. If they really wanted a player built community there are thousands of things they could do to contribute. Most of the people complaining don’t even have guild tags. I would bet they are doing NOTHING other than paying their monthly fee and spamming the forums/world chat. They want everything handed to them so they can “win” which brings me to my last point.

When it comes right down to it, laziness and efame really does drive these guys. That’s why they get upset enough to spam their idiotic bullshit all over public forums. Take a guild like Ebonlore (one of the guild’s we like laugh at around here). They form up in another MMO, hack like crazy people, get annihilated, and jump to the next game. They come to VG and openly talk about the lengths they are going to, to exploit. They hacked up every aspect of their charcs and gear which honestly I don’t even really care about. What bothers me is their exploitation of every aspect of a game when it comes to PvP. When a guild openly disregards competitive game play for the ability to “win” a fight that they normally aren’t skilled enough to win, they are sabotaging the community.

This is where the Devs need to step in and contribute. If lazy gamers would get off their ass and contribute to a website or guild then their gaming experience would be much more fulfilling. If the devs would step in and protect the integrity of that community then the over-all community would succeed. We have a list of well known exploiters listed on our forum for guild purposes but anyone who registers is welcome to check it out.

Cowards of Vanguard [Sartok]

We’ll always attempt to be a voice of reason here. The server merge was exactly what any level headed person would have expected it to be. There are more people playing which means more people killing each other. SHOCKING!

On the OPP front, we’ve wracked up thousands of kills since the merge and have improved our tactics quite a bit vs. the exploit based guilds. We will be identifying as many grief based exploiters as we can and targeting them. All of you out there can consider that our contribution to the community. Fighting hackers can be frustrating but it is a lot more fulfilling and challenging than fighting people who are on even ground with us.

Last night we took down/camped two groups (10-12) of Umbra Pax that was majority exploiting with five of us and didn’t lose a single guy over a two hour period. We also ran into a few Ebonlore and Ending Fate during the fights and killed a few of them a dozen times. We’ve been consistently winning our target fights 3-6 vs. 10-20 so I expect good things as we go forward IVG.

Enter the RAGE!!!

Comment

Working...
    X