Mass Recruited Hacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass Recruited Hacks?

There’s been a big push in hacker accusations on the Sartok Forums since people have been posting evidence that some of the bigger guilds on the server are exploiting. Atop that list at this point would be Ebonlore, followed closely by Legion. There are clearly guilds that promote the use of third party programs to gain an advantage in PvP. Do the majority of the players on the server exploit? Of course not, the majority of the players on Sartok are well below level 40. Do the majority of the level 50 players on Sartok exploit? Maybe!

The point behind this post is simple. There are a number of guilds on the server that are simply mass recruited gangs of nobodies with little to no organization. Since Bladesworn [BS] played on the FFA server before and I’m most familiar with them I’ll use them as an example. For the sake of arguing I’m going to estimate that at most one out of three BS openly exploit in some way. How many people here with knowledge of how BS runs think that BS leadership know the names of half their members? I don’t, so how can they really be held responsible? I personally don’t think they really should be, beyond them taking action when we start sending them proof.

The bottomline is simple, guilds like Bladesworn are constantly being targeted because they are a gank based guild of skill-less players. Guilds like Ebonlore and Legion who are smaller and more organized target guilds like Bladesworn because they are the easiest targets. As we’ve covered previously, “win at all costs” guilds always target the weakest players because it fulfills their point of playing. So when a guild like Ebonlore, that’s been exploiting everything they can get their hands on since release targets a guild full of newbs like BS, it’s no surprise that some BS would start to exploit.

Common Sense IMO: Stop Ebonlore, Legion, Ending Fate, etc from exploiting and mass recruited guilds like Bladesworn will stop on their own. They simply don’t have the player skill and guild organization to overcome the advantage these hacking gimps get from their exploits so they turn to their ONLY current alternative.

I have heard numerous times that there is a GM of Vanguard in Ebonlore. I personally want to know if this is true because if it is, that is one thing that needs to end right now. This is worth petitioning Sony/Sigil about to the point of annoyance. Having a GM of a game actually playing that game is unacceptable. Having a GM of a game playing that game AND a part of the most notorious hacking guild in VG (and countless other games) is absolutely BULL SHIT. If anyone has any hard evidence to support this, please post it. If I get enough, this is something I am very willing to constantly and relentlessly badger Sony about but I need to know for sure that it is true. This would explain soooo much, like why Ebonlore is so full of hackers and why they never have, nor ever will get seriously punished for these deeds. How bad can Sony and those in charge of Vanguard get? This is pretty much as bad as it gets and they so far havent done shit about it.

Comment

Links to some information about the above mentioned issue.

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/searc ... m+ebonlore

Comment

The thread that the majority of the "hack-free" guilds have been using to discuss this issue on the Sartok forums was deleted last night. I believe that this confirms the fact that someone in Ebonlore (who was the focus of the thread) does indeed work for SOE or at least has friends within the company that have allowed their guilds to continue to exploit bugs and use third party programs with no repercussions since day one.

Here's the new thread which I"m sure will also be deleted and my post in response to it:

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts ... c_id=18554

The biggest problem facing VG on this server is the massive exploitation of in game bugs and use of 3rd party hacks. If we can't address the single biggest issue in VG on the Official VG forums then what's the point of this forum?

This looks to me like another example of Devs trying to moderate away major problems with their game! My guild has never left a game based on game issues that we've been assured are being worked on (even if they aren't), but we have canceled subscriptions because of corrupt Devs/Gamemasters messing with the player base and covering up for friends playing the game. There has been A LOT of talk about SOE employees being part of the major hack based guilds on Sartok and the deletion of that thread all but confirms that in my mind.

It's an all or none deal with my guild so I'm going to ask bluntly, should we be prepared to cancel all of our subs and move on?
        Obviously at this point we have no plans to move on, but I do think that when a corrupt Dev comes through that they should be aware of the potential losses. I just sent an email to SOE corporate about this matter.

Comment

I am curious as to what the reply will be.

Comment

Very interesting that they would delete that whole thread.
            I hope they dont take their sweet time responding to your email greg.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaj
              Very interesting that they would delete that whole thread.
              I hope they dont take their sweet time responding to your email greg.
              I seriously doubt they'll respond at all.

Comment

Working...
              X