Fair Fights and Compliments:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair Fights and Compliments:

We haven’t been covering much of the day to day battles here so I’m going to start doing that with a small recap leading up to last night’s fights.

Last week a group of four OPP (Wicket, Fats, Crosis, and Me) ran into a group of four Ending Fate (Past, Blackmagic, Azalarer, and Appocolypse) at the CIS gate. We engaged in three straight up fights and several more alter fights where Ending Fate would die, res, and come right back. We ended up losing two people throughout the battles while winning every fight.

A couple days ago after PKing a full group of LAW by myself and then again with the help of a level 44 MIM bard, LAW grouped their entire guild to fight us. I called for help and Funshax logged in for the 3v16. We won every engagement and camped them at the alter for about 30 minutes while taking no losses. This fight definitely deserves a Nice Die LAW.

The other night we grouped with Bladesworn to fight the hack-based alliance of Ebonlore/Legion/MIM. At the beginning the numbers were in the favor of the hack zerg but the MIM group broke off and OPP was able to get a 6v6 with them. We took them out in two separate battles and they scattered/logged off. This evened the numbers out for the fight that would rage in two separate battles in Renton Keep. The OPP group took one loss during the battles. I would estimate the Ebonlore/Legion/MIM group lost every member 3-5 times.

There’s a pretty amusing thread over on the Sartok Forum that outlines the fights with the Ebonlore GM trying to save face. Check It

I guess we hit a cord because yesterday afternoon we noticed a full group of Ebonlore trailing three of us around. So we grouped up and met them in CIS 6v6. We took one loss, they all died. After the fight they left the area right away, but still managed to call us hackers and complain about lag.

The Ebonlore group regrouped and headed right back for another 6v6…wait I got them confused with a guild with some skill for second, let me restart. The Ebonlore group regrouped their entire guild and came back after us. By this time it was 5v10+. One of the most interesting things that we noticed while we were using /who to watch them group was that all of them restarted their game before moving into the regroup point. Loading Chromo Hax? Based on their track record I would estimate so...

We kited them around for a bit through a few high end zones picking off stragglers but by this time they had 15+ and one of our five was a half equipped level 45 so we did not want to engage 15+ hackers straight up 3v1 odds. As they followed us into the Swamps area they started to log off. They dwindled down to only one full group so we went after them and this time they ran out of Swamps, to Ich, to the coast where they all logged off.

Shortly after trying to run down the Ebonlore group we ran into a group of six Havok. Well, they ran into us catching us a bit off guard. We ended up winning the fight with no losses, but it was close because the Havok sorc got numerous AEs off on our bunched up group. We repeated this straight up 5v6 three times taking no losses before we moved to the alter and pushed them out of the zone.

Here’s some of the non-DOT kills from the last fight:

…and then there was Koan of MIM! I ran into this guy doing this in POA:

Again, I guess we’ve also struck a cord with MIM because they brought a couple guys to try to kill me.

So I avoided them and moved to Pankor and then Razad. Of course they chased like dumbasses so I circled back and killed Kaon again =P Nice Die!

The MIM group went to Flordiel and engaged some other guilds there. So we grouped up five of us and attacked them. At this point it was 3v1 odds. We pushed them back in the first attack taking down seven of them right away, but ended up being pushed back losing three of our five due to their proximity to the alter and ability to res fight. I didn’t have time to get any SCs of the fight but I got a SC of my kill log after the fight so I could count deaths (we got more than seven kills but I don’t have proof so to be conservative and as accurate as possible I’ll just say seven). After this fight they all recalled and logged off much like what Ebonlore had done earlier in the night. No Zerg = No Fight!

It's very complimentary that the bigger guilds on the sever feel that they need a numbers advantage and many times also an exploit based advantage before they'll engage our group. So thanks for that!

From what we’ve seen since the merger is that there is a serious lack of skilled players on Sartok. I recognize that many of them left the game early on due to all the hacking. If you look back into our history we have been targeting exploiters and hackers since early UO ten years ago. I guess we have thicker skin that most. I personally enjoy the challenge of fighting people with an advantage…but more than that I really enjoy killing “win-at-all-cost” newbs and watching them get all pissed off and cry about it.

I really hope that more people at least consider a more competitive play-style for the challenge. Guilds need to get out there like we do looking for even fights, or at least looking to catch enemies off guard for a few quick kills when outnumbered. We need more competitive fights on Sartok. In other words: less hacks and more fights where tactics are used and player skill comes into account.

Remember, if you register on the forum you can post your own pics and comments on the news! You must verify your email so put a valid one. If you have any registration issues we can verify or manually create an account for you. Email: Jackal@opponline.net

lol, check this out from the Sartok forums.

hahaha i upset warakus i win mexa. Its funny how emotional warakus gets over this game. And keep on believing u made me quit the game guy. But one thing u did was get me to play agian with your crying and bickering. all i gotta say is 7 of us last night gave it to your 14+ and that guild of healers, what are they called, poo or something. Wait its OPP not POO
    http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts ... c_id=18607

Neoyoda called us POO :P. I think its hilarious that the fact is they still have not managed to take us in a semi-even numbered fight. 2x our numbers, yea we have had a time or 2 where we take a couple losses but in the 4 times I can remember us having a straight up fight with Ebonlore (6v6 or close to) we have not only won, but only lost 2 at most during the process. Someone should jump on their forums and post a challenge for a 6v6 against them officially then we can frap it and they wont be able to deny it. And as for the guild of healers comment, that was the only nice thing he said. :P

PS: We werent even at the fight he is talking about in this post, that isnt even a semi accurate bull shit posting. Ahhh well, same bull shit different game, we have all seen this many times before...

Comment

Hola, nice looking site. Since I have had a lot of spare time these past few days I've been doing a lot of forum registering/posting.. it's both addicting and stupid.

As far as the fight in POA.. Goroka said he was under attack there so we came with our already formed Temple-Run group since it was on the way to Wyrmwing. Obviously, from your perspective, we brought a "zerg" for 3 people. Oh well, zergs are unavoidable sometimes.

And I know we have beaten one of your crazy healer groups in CIS. We fought 2 "even" fights that didn't start as an altar zerg and were 1-1.. this was like 2 weeks ago-ish. Of course, it's all relative and you guys will probably see it different.. such is the case with everything.

On a side note, check the link in my sig.

Good day!

Comment

we had to edit out the link in your sig, it was stretching the borders of the forum

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand
          Hola, nice looking site. Since I have had a lot of spare time these past few days I've been doing a lot of forum registering/posting.. it's both addicting and stupid.

As far as the fight in POA.. Goroka said he was under attack there so we came with our already formed Temple-Run group since it was on the way to Wyrmwing. Obviously, from your perspective, we brought a "zerg" for 3 people. Oh well, zergs are unavoidable sometimes.

And I know we have beaten one of your crazy healer groups in CIS. We fought 2 "even" fights that didn't start as an altar zerg and were 1-1.. this was like 2 weeks ago-ish. Of course, it's all relative and you guys will probably see it different.. such is the case with everything.

On a side note, check the link in my sig.

Good day!
          Thx for the mature post, I didn't figure that you guys grouped up just for us, but when I first killed Kaon I was alone so...Why not let him handle the fight 1v1 or if he can't handle it then send one other member?

My point was that by brining that many you take the skill out of the fight which isn't fun for me and I hope isn't fun for you guys either?

Comment

Working...
          X