Loud mouths without a leg to stand on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loud mouths without a leg to stand on

What is it about MMO’s that attract so many loudmouths that can’t back up their trash talk?

Case in point: Zakel of Chimera

A week or so ago OPP was fighting random guilds in Ahgram when a group of Chimera ported in to cause some trouble. Zakel, a Shaman, targets me with debuffs and begins to whack on me with his hammer while the rest of his group is attacking others in my group. While he was unleashing all his fury I was busy ignoring him to keep the rest of my group alive (he was doing very little damage). When it became clear the battle was ours and it was time to mop up, a guildmate and I turned our attentions to him and began to attack. 20 seconds later he was dead at my feet.

Just another day in the orifice right?

Yeah, until he sends me this little gem:

I wasn’t very surprised, just disappointed. I can understand why he might think this; the guy was attacking me for about 3 minutes and couldn’t get my health below 95% at any point - I would question it too. But then I also wouldn’t be such a newb as to attack a Cleric by myself while the rest of my group is off doing something else and I certainly wouldn’t build as crappy a character as he obviously has. At any rate, with 10+ years of MMO gaming experience under our belts OPP is accustomed to accusations of cheating - we so often mesmerize our inexperienced opponents with our skill at wizardry that this is the only possible reason they can think of for losing. It’s also quite apparent that on Sartok there is rampant cheating the likes of which haven’t been seen since the original Diablo.

So I gave him the benefit of the doubt and offered him a chance to prove his accusations and maybe even learn something useful from an experienced gamer in the process. He refused:

This whole time he was invulnerable at the altar, and at this point decided to make a break for it. I chased after him but had to run back to help a guildmate and he got away. Then he sends this:

For those not in the know, a widely used 3rd party program includes a player-tracking feature in its repertoire. Nice potshot. Now I’m just annoyed and all niceties are out the window. I decide to goad him into accepting my duel:

Warning ladies, there are vulgarities!

More excuses...

Now I won’t fight alone? That’s not even a valid excuse; use some gray matter you tool. It would be pretty silly of me to challenge you to a duel to prove I don’t cheat and then have my friends kill you. That would be amusing yes, but also incriminate me moreso. If you’re worried about other people getting involved, bring friends of your own. Your guild has 3 times the numbers of mine. So I call him out further:

He of course doesn't understand my logic and continues to refuse. Knowing this is a lost cause, I leave him with a few parting words:

This just illustrates the type of short attention span, winning is everything, hyper emotional gamer that exists in MMO’s today. If they can’t win they make excuses and talk shit, and if they get called on it, they make excuses and talk shit some more. Get some backbone you nancies!

If only this were the end of it. I know, some of you may be thinking “this is entertaining enough, what more could you have in store for me Fats?”

Well it just so happens a few days later he created a thread on the official VG Sartok forum lamenting the rampant hacking on our server. Ok, fine, I’ll sign up for his cause. But halfway through the thread someone mentions our guild and he replies with more accusations and smack talk directed at me. So I whipped up a post and called him out yet again, this time offering 3rd party observers to record and witness the duel if he felt so inclined.

Reasonable, yes?

Unfortunately the mods felt the thread inappropriate and deleted it before he could respond. Not one to give up, I decided to make a thread of my own and tried to keep it as clean as possible so as not to incite mod-tribution. Here is what I said:

"an Open Challenge to Zakel"

Lately he and others have accused me of cheating because I am hard to kill. This is your opportunity to prove it - Duel me. Third party observers are welcome to record and friends may witness.

Rules are as follows:
    -No outside participation.
    -There will be a pre-designated area, leaving it will be a forfeit.
    -Leaving combat to regroup & heal will be a forfeit.
    -Any buffs will either be self only or identical and equal for each player - we can determine which at the time of the duel.
    -Obviously, any use of in game exploits or third party programs will also be a forfeit.
    -There will be a time limit (to be determined at the time of the duel), if no one dies at the end of this limit the duel will end and witnesses will decide on the victor.
    -Anything else goes.

as my hombre from the south Funshax says: Put up or shut up, Sally!

Reply in this thread or my news posting on www.opponline.net

Although this is addressed to Zakel, I will accept any willing challengers (No Bards).
    Will he accept? Will the thread be deleted? We’ll see…

This message goes out to Zakel, and any other newbie that thinks I’m cheating: I’m here, I’m waiting, come prove it.

ill challenge you 1v1, deciet rules, no pots, pouches

just let me get magius or orion to duel for me hahaha

Comment

I've asked dozens of people to duel me after they accuse me of hacking for numerous reasons. One person accepted, Kerwyn from Bladesworn.

His duel consisted of hitting me with Bard DoTs and mezzing me over and over. He ran off after he saw he couldn't get me below 70% with that half-assed PvP attempt.

People are bitches.

Comment

Nikon you have absolutely NO room to talk.

The last time we dueled I owned you so badly you were begging me to stop.

I still remember my chain combo where I ended up with a critical uber punch of ownage on you and left you flying out of the arena!

Comment

TOOLS ! i knew youd take it down,,,, CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH.. WHOS DOWN WITH OPP...!? YEA U KNOW ME !!!

Comment

Duel me nancy drew so I can do one of two things:

Record yours hacks first hand so you can "kill a gm and get 7 day banned".

OR

Kill you in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by Funhat
              Duel me nancy drew so I can do one of two things:

Record yours hacks first hand so you can "kill a gm and get 7 day banned".

OR

Kill you in the face.
              Ahahahaha! RealBM is a fucking duece!

Comment

Originally posted by RealBM
                TOOLS ! i knew youd take it down,,,, CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH.. WHOS DOWN WITH OPP...!? YEA U KNOW ME !!!
                Hey, so we umm heard why you really got suspended. You my friend, meet the subject line of this post...

Oh and hows your infamy these days?! Arent you getting sick of doing that noob quest over and over for that "box"?

"Reree has killed himself" LMFAO!

Comment

Oh and Reree, do you know how fucking stupid you sound when you say "these guys use Hexadecimal"? Do you know what hexadecimal is? Watch out everyone, I use hexadecimal! hahah, I will just turn it off! LOL! You should page the GM's on us Reree, and tell em we are using Hexadecimal, LMFAO! do it!

Comment

Working...
                  X