Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I Wish Stupidity was Always Self Correcting...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Wish Stupidity was Always Self Correcting...

or at least if it corrected more quickly...Quotes from This Thread

I hope things change when APW. Im starting to get this feeling like well be all preped and ready to own and no one will show but us and Ebonlore.
    -Reree of Legion

If all the posts you guys make are true and you constantly kill all your enemies or can't find anyone to fight...why does Ebonlore and Legion need to be allied?
    -Me

Easy answer. So we can keep the rest of you from enjoying any content...
    -Apiar of Legion

-We've got Legion confirming a grief based "win at all costs playstyle".
    -We've got the Ebonlore GM admitting to using 3rd party hacks
    -We've got numerous members in both guilds admitting to using and promoting the use of un-intended PvP exploits

It's not hard to understand why the above guilds feel the need to openly exploit and promote third party hacks when their goal is to "keep the rest of the server from enjoying any content". They don't have any interest in the longevity of the game or the community because they can skip to another game and continue their cowardly ways. Their sole focus is on doing whatever it takes to fill that void within themselves, regardless of the consequences. This is the reason that Devs in the more successful MMOs have been very particular in targeting these highly destructive folks early on.

I want to delve a bit deeper into the mindset of these newbies and talk about what gaming company's can do to prevent this type of gameplay. It's completely logical that if a player can't compete on even ground with their enemies then they have an option to turn to exploits and hacks. Look at all the retarded people that own a "game genie" for their console systems. This behavior is always furthered by poor customer service allowing cheating as a viable option. More importantly it is furthered by the fact that stupid people with low self esteem flock to the internet to be "so much be cooler online".

Every gaming company out there needs to look at how poorly SOE has handled their customer service issues in all of their MMO's. They simply don't have any infrastructure beyond content construction. When you start developing a game you need a full staff of developers. When a game launches you need to make a full transition to customer service. This has NEVER happened in any MMO thus far. It's simply poor business and on a much broader scale it endorses the current stereotypical pop-culture destructive mindset.

This combination is dangerous and stupid. When you take someone with low self esteem, poor people skills, and lacking intelligence and put them unmonitored in front of a computer you have a fairly big problem. These company's need to wake up and start to learn from their mistakes. In a multi-trillion dollar industry they need to monitor basic interaction within their games.

If nothing else, logical gamers can gather information on "what not to do" when raising kids...and hope that these people don't pro-create.

Remember, if you register on the forum you can view all our news posts, post your own pics, and comment on the news! You must verify your email so put a valid one. If you have any registration issues we can verify or manually create an account for you. Email: Jackal@opponline.net

Hit the nail dead on.

It always comes down to the company's inability to see outside the box and realize what is working and what's not working and what needs to be fixed.

I will disagree with you on one part however, about how no MMO has ever successfully transitioned to a customer service business. I can name quite a few with varying degrees of success.

Although it is true in the MMO industry, most games fall woefully short of the standards of excellent customer service, there are a notable few with decent if not superb services.

I think this comes down to how much the developers "care" and how much the business "cares" about their game.

I find it absolutely hilarious that a game as poorly developed, and funded as Shadowbane could maintain a better level of customer service than most SOE products.

It always comes down to how much people care about the game. Businesses that don't and just want to suck your wallet dry never do well in the MMO world.

Comment

Working...
    X