Darkfall: Vaporware No More?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkfall: Vaporware No More?

Anyone who has ever been associated with the online PvP MMO community knows about Darkfall in some way, shape or form. This statement itself can not be very surprising, given the fact that Darkfall has been "in development" for the better part of the past 2 millenniums. Jokes have developed over the years that essentially associates this MMO title with "vaporware," or in other words, all talk, no substance.

I will be the first to admit my hopes and impressions of DF has plummeted over the years, (so much so that I no longer even believe it will ever be released in my lifetime) but there are still some devout followers of this game.

One such follower (whom I will henceforth refer to as agent Bobatty), was kind enough to give me some update on this game.

Originally posted by Agent Bofatty
    Earlier this year they were making a push for a summer Beta, but it didn't pan out. Right now their main focus is to heavily test and update the game in preparation for it. I would say no later than Jan-Feb 2008

http://df.warcry.com/news/view/76943-De ... ess-Report

also:
    Solo player beta applications will be taken soon. Please watch the news forums for this
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/announcement.php?f=9&a=26

Posted last Thursday, keep an eye out
    Amazing and interesting news! (insert sarcasm)

To save you the time, someone of amazing brilliance had this to say about Agent Bofatty's update.

Originally posted by Brilliant Dude
    I think they realize they need to make a push to be released with AoC/WH in Q1/Q2 2008. If they lag any further behind alot of their potential beta testers/initial buyers/early subscribers will be actively playing AoC/WH in the first couple months.

If they release any later than that, they're basically praying these two games both suck and lose subscribers immediately and there will still be a large enough pool of players to target.

Say what you want but the demographic targetted by AoC and somewhat by WH serioiusly clash with DF.

Nothing like a little market competition to promote excellence instead of ineptitude.
    I hope all 3 titles rip each other to shreds because I'm a firm believer that only in the intense pit of market competition will a good product be developed for consumers.

To quote Highlander: There can be only ONE!
Working...
X