The Ebonlore Lag Monster?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ebonlore Lag Monster?

Yesterday a group of us were fighting all over the map in different zones vs. different odds all day and night. We found a very disturbing trend. I’ll go instance by instance to try to keep this clear:

1. We had a major fight in CIS with 6 DI, 6 Tyranny, and about 6 other randoms. With all the people questing it put over 40 people in the zone. The fight was a crazy free–for-all with no lag for over a hour.

2. The fight spilled over to The Deebs where we chased DI for a 5v6. There were 5 other people in the zone for a total of 16. Again, good fight with no lag.

3. After we killed DI the zone cleared out and a group of EBL came in. My ping immediately went from around 100 to over 1000 and jumped from 1000 to 2000. At the time there were 12 people in the zone. 5 of us, 6 of them, and 1 random…When we moved up to engage them, my ping shot up to the point where I couldn’t move at all, but at least some of them could because I died. We did this twice in a row with LESS PEOPLE in the SAME ZONE that we were fighting DI in, just a few minutes earlier. Both times I had over a 2k ping during the fight.

4. After I died the second time I released to bind and my ping went back down even though there was also a fight with over 20 people going on the zone my bind is in. As I moved toward the fight my ping was fine even though there was twice as many people in THIS ZONE compared to The Deebs where we had just lagged out fighting EBL. As I moved around the fight at the alter everything was fine with 30+ lowbies in the zone fighting. This is where it got screwy. That same group of EBL came over from The Deebs and again my ping shot up to 2000+. Hrm?

It became clear that something was going on. A lot of credible people have been posting that Ebonlore has some way to lag zones but I didn’t believe that this was possible. I mean, why would someone lag a zone?

Then I remembered all the Ahgram fights right after the merger where EBL would move in and immediately drop 10+ boats to lag anyone who moved up near the water where we would go to kite (abusing a game mechanic to cause us lag). Also, those Martok Coast fights were EBL put boats inside the docks to try to lag us out and crash us (abusing a game mechanic to cause us lag). However, then most relevant example may be that fight in Razad a few days ago that I did a news post about Here. We ended up fighting in a completely full zone. There was no lag in that fight and only one Ebonlore before we left. So it appears that mass people doesn’t cause mass lag, but certain players may? This required further investigation:

5. We ran all over the map all night fighting groups 6-12 vs. our 3-6 and my ping never got above 300. Then we found a solo group of newer EBL in CIS and attacked them to test the theory. We killed them all numerous times over a 15 minute period and didn’t lag at all. Then we chased them to The Deebs and fought more with no lag. Theory broken right?

6. Then the same group from earlier in the day (a group with MBison, Morlana, and Tzigone among others) came in to with with their other group and bam, 2k ping again. Bottomnline, the lag appears to be tied to certain players.

I don’t have any solid proof but I wanted to get out ahead of this to warn you guys that it appears that some people in EBL are causing pings to shoot up. Based on the fact that EBL is bitching about this issue too, I would seem likely that the last patch messed up one of the many 3rd party’s these guys run causing an issue. They may not even be aware of it. When we fought the newer members who are less prone to using 3rd party’s (Sickem, Queen, Lambskin, lilmexican, Gralpancho, etc) there was no issue. When we fought the more hack prone players (Morlana, Tzigone, MBison, etc) we almost completely lagged out. The only time we had any lag issues all day/night was when we were in the same zone with that specific EBL group.

Something else I found interesting as I was writing this was that in the above linked thread Mexa is out ahead on this issue trying to make excuses for the lag. After seeing what I saw last night it’s kind of fishy that the issue was originally presented by Mexa of EBL and has continually defended as a “server” issue by him. That at least presents the possibility that they may be actively doing this. If they are knowingly doing something like this then they’ve taken it to a whole new “Rollin 40’s” type issue. Next people are going to randomly be flung up into the air and thrown to drown in the ocean?

I’m going to start including my ping in the screenshots I take to try to ID which players are causing this issue so we can avoid the zones they are lagging. I’ll follow up on this later next week when I have some SS’s to confirm or disprove this theory. I know people are going to quote me so I wanted to reiterate that I don’t have any proof to back this up other than my experiences. So at this point it’s just something fishy that a number of un-associated players have noticed about a certain group of hack-prone players.

If you register on the forum you can view our news archives and comment on the news! You must verify your email so put a valid one (gmail is banned due to spam). If you have any registration issues we can verify or manually create an account for you. Email: Jackal@opponline.net with a username and password.

rawr look out .. the ebonlore lag monster is coming !!! rofl

Comment

eep!

Comment

Just wanted to drop in and say thanks for the showing last night. Although the slideshow combat and 4-5 second delay on abilites sure sucks, it was nice to prove to Ebonwhores we can easily match their stupid numbers game.

Your guys are welcome in our vent anytime - HAVOC

Comment

Working...
        X