Kerwyn is a Backstabber, Bladesworn is Dead, and We All Cry:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kerwyn is a Backstabber, Bladesworn is Dead, and We All Cry:

There’s a funny thread over one the Sartok Forums about Bladesworn disbanding to reform with less people under new tags. The argument is that it’s bad form to bring people in and then let them go because you don’t want to play with them.

I think this bring us into the psyche of the current MMOer. It’s gotten so Trammy Carebear out there that a GM can’t even run his own guild. Seriously, you’re a “coward” if you PK someone and you are a “backstabber” if you are mean to people! Guilds claim to have codes of conduct and honor but most of them don’t because they don’t police their members. Let’s face the facts here, most guilds now days are mass recruited mobs because Devs have made games very “numbers dependant”. The more people you have the easier it is to level up, get gear, and zerg it up. Skill and competition got thrown out the window at some point.

It leads to the motivating factor for playing MMO’s: THE ALL POWERFUL SHINY! These guilds are made up of 10-20 cool people who have fun playing the game and then 100’s of retards who have their hands out yelling “GIMME”. They get groups, gear, and zergs. However, the thing that they should be more concerned with is getting people to play with. That’s the point of a guild, the guild, not the items. What do most members give back? They give jack shit! They seem to think that their very presence is a gift because “numbers = power” but they’re wrong…and also high school equipment manager level retarded for thinking that.

I’ve run OPP for over 10 years now and we have always had an extensive recruitment process. I’ve probably kicked out about 100 people over the years for being dipshits. I felt bad about 2 of those and these are members who went through a serious recruitment process where they were asked to contribute everyday (not just show up). Imagine a guild where you just join and take, take, take. If I ran a guild like that do you think I would give a shit about any of the greedy fucks? I would just randomly kick people and add more. They think their leader should care because they show up and use the guild to gather “the shiny” everyday? laf

I don’t specifically know what happened with Bladesworn but I wrote this because I wanted to make a point that the MMO community is full of selfish idiots who need to do a lot more contributing and a lot less crying. It’s 100x more fulfilling to accomplish something for your team or your family than it is to get something handed to you as an individual. Anytime you join a mass recruited guild you are a mercenary being bribed with “the shiny” for the leader’s ego or your 1 more zombie to commit to the zerg. You are the trash of the MMO community and should expect to be treated like it. It’s not the GM’s responsilbity to look out for YOU. It’s the GMs responsibility to look out for “the guild” or even just his vision of “the guild”.

If you don’t want to be in a guild that disbands every six months then join one that isn’t mass recruited and plan to contribute a lot more because it’s not going to be all about you anymore. I’m glad Kerwyn trashed Bladesworn because it had almost as many exploiters as Ebonlore and just as many loudmouths. Now hopefully, with a smaller guild they can keep a better eye on their members and make it something more than a mass recruited zerg.

This is a good thing for the community and most of the players who are angry about it are mad because they weren’t included and that hurt their Virtual-Ego.

If you register on the forum you can view our news archives and comment on the news! You must verify your email so put a valid one (gmail is banned due to spam). If you have any registration issues we can verify or manually create an account for you. Email: Jackal@opponline.net with a username and password.
Working...
X