Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don’t use GMs or Track Hacks in Future MMOs…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don’t use GMs or Track Hacks in Future MMOs…

Apparently this was a topic on Ebonlore’s little newbfest ventrilo chat they do every week. I’m not going to listen to anymore of this mind-numbing idiocy than what was sent to me so based on what I have I take it that their theory is that since GMs can make mistakes they shouldn’t exist at all:

"In VG people can do whatever they want and its free. They’re really never going to get caught unless a GM himself is looking for you and they make mistakes. Like I’m just finding out now Axem, that Past himself got banned for sitting at character select screen too. I think that’s the height of stupidity right there. I think it’s also a good argument for not using in game GMs. In game GMs do make mistakes. They just suspended one of our players for sitting at the character select screen because it tags you in game in an unknown zone. There’s also a way to take advantage of it that. I’ve been told, that you can also be in game and be in unknown zone so that you can go craft or go hang in an area and basically be anonymous in game. You can argue if being anonymous is right or wrong but you’re not supposed to do it so the GMs have been suspending people for it who have been taking advantage of it. Now today they’re suspended people for being at the character select screen. I think this is a solid argument for my point Axem, I really think it is.

I do agree and they do make mistakes if they’re banning people like that then what the hell. Do your homework. Have a little proof. I’m sorry that your game is broken to the point to where you can’t tell if somebody is sitting at the character select screen or exploiting. Error on the side of caution folks, give me a break…if people go out to lunch or want to go play with their new puppy for a few hours they shouldn’t have to worry about coming back into a game and being banned, give me a break.”

MP3 file of the above

No really, you can’t argue that abusing game mechanics to gain an unintended advantage that the GMs have CLEARLY stated is a bannable offense is right or wrong dipshit. Do your homework? What the fuck? If SOE took the EBL leader’s advice and did their homework all of Ebonlore would have been banned shortly after launch when they botted all their charcs to 50, hacked their skills and spells, and duped their gear…

The most blatant hack-based guild I’ve come across in 20+ MMOs throughout 10+ years is discussing having GMs removed because they make mistakes sometimes? This is just hilarity.

OPP News 9-29-07: Ebonlore Hack Log

Originally posted by Tzigone of EBL
    “Currently Sony has decide to suspend people who are in “unknown zone”. This is all fine and great but the problem is, in “unknown zone” only means that you logged out at the character select screen. So, essentially, to have your character logged out at the select screen, you are violating Sony’s EULA and are subject to suspension? Another great example of why vanguard months behind expected goals and anticipations. If you keep suspending people for only playing your game and not breaking any of your rules via exploits/hacks, what exactly are you accomplishing? If you intend to suspend everyone in the game just start VG over just say it, don’t make up these retarded suspensions based on people just logged out to select screens. Go ahead, Test it out, if you log a character to select screen and who all them, they are only in “unknown zone”. How is that a violation of the EULA? Once again, Sony’s GMs make monkeys look intelligent.”
    Originally posted by Past/Reree of EBL
    “Ok I logged out of game as usual and left it at char select like I always do. I go to sleep at char select I never log fully out. Anyway about 5hours later I checked my email (wasnt planning on playing VG after I logged out 5 hours ago for the rest of the day/night) and saw I had been suspended for being at the unknown zone exploit.”
    Post on the VG Tech Support Forum

More like 3/4 of Ebonlore go to sleep every night botting one of their charcs using a 3rd party program while using an “in-game” exploit to make their charc's appear to be in an “Unknown Zone”. This makes it nearly impossible to guess where they're botting since there’s no viable player tracking system other than /who. It’s funny how these guys act innocent when instructions to bug out the /who system are posted on their own private forum.

Again, if the GMs did their homework all they would have to do is get into Ebonlore’s private forum to view the largest index of Vanguard hacks and Third Party’s available on the net.

If you register on the forum you can view our news archives and comment on the news! You must verify your email so put a valid one (gmail is banned due to spam). If you have any registration issues we can verify or manually create an account for you. Email: Jackal@opponline.net with a username and password.

Update: All of the posts regarding this have been deleted by SOE. According to a few people I've talked to in EBL a number of their members may have been suspended for this. That's not confirmed.

Comment

I agree with them on two points; one the claim is bullshit - sitting at character select screen should not be a bannable offense; two the GM staff are full of incompetents. I suspect that EBL is lying / leaving something out or the GM staff is specifically targetting Ebonlore with this because they have so far failed to pin them with other offenses, due to aformentioned incompetence and/or in-game GM tracking features of 3rd party programs.

Either way I don't care, in this case the ends justify the means. Even if they aren't guilty of this they are plenty guilty of other things so GG sony, for once.

Comment

Exploiters just got owned by SOE!

Comment

Hello,

My name is Ian Conway; I am the CS supervisor for Vanguard. On 11/18/07 (3:40pm pacific) your character was caught using the “unknown zone exploit”. Specifically this means you used an exploit to have 2 characters from the same account online at the same time rendering one invisible to the server. This is verifiable by our logs. This is a violation of the terms of service. Due to this, we are suspending your access for 7 days. Please keep in mind that further violations will result in the account being permanently banned.

Please contact our accounts and billing service on 1-858-537-0898 should you have any further questions.

Ian Conway
          CS Supervisor
          Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
          IConway@soe.sony.com
          Sony Online Entertainment LLC.

This is the email I received. All I keep saying is simply check my logs and you will clearly see at 2:20 PM PST when I logged out that not one nano second was added to my play time, nor did my character take on breathe in game, nor progress in anyway shape size or form. I just cant comprehend them not having logs to prove/verify this. My case is recently being reviewed by Sharron Morris and other high ups and when justice is done I will be sure to put copies the emails I receive for all you to see.

A couple things besides the fact they could simply check my logs I pointed out. Number one two buddies of mine where caught doing this. One being your ex guildy Torquil and the other I wont state his name. My one buddy stated that when he was using the exploit that the GM came to him in game and told him to log out and back in the right way. Meaning they can clearly see where you are in game. I logged out at 2:20 PM PST and I always stay at character select even when I sleep. Ian Conway claims he caught me at 3:40 PM PST. I didnt get home until around 8 PM when I saw the email he sent to me. One question he can not answer me on is if you caught me doing this then where was I and what was I doing? He wont answer this. His only proof is that another character was logged in on my account and visable to them at the same time Past was in unknown zone. The other character being a lvl 19 alt rogue named Map. So I then added Map to my friends list on Rerees account. When someone isnt on line and on your friends list it states the last time they logged in. Try this your self. Map last logged in on 10/23/07 8:45 AM PST. So there is one bogus theory to GM Aughos aka Ian Conway. Second when Torquil new he was being petitioned he tested out GMs stupidity level. He went to character select and took shower. He did this on purpose he told me in tells. He said when he came back and logged back in Volson contacted him. Mind you he logged back in the right way. Volson told him he has proof in his logs that Torquil was just in game using the unknown zone exploit. Torquil then told me this proves GMs are dip shits. Im guessing they just really have no clue how the game works and are just some CSR guys with an extensive resume in that field, but not exp in mmorpg or the tech side of how software works. Third when you use this exploit its only good if you plan on staying in the same chunk. Once you chunk it starts showing where you are. So in my mind its only good to hide on a pvp server while crafting or diplo. I HATE BOTH and dont do neither. My crafting is lvl 7 I tried crafting once months ago and hated it. My diplo is lvl 4 I tried this once and hated it and never went back. Also I was camped out in a non crafting or diplo area. When youre actually using the exploit it still logs/saves everything you do otherwise it would be pointless to use. When you go to character select but are showing in unknown zone and I tested this your play timer stops. When you use the exploit it doesnt. I saw Eternalone claiming I use this exploit all the time to level up skills. Please enlighten me. What skills do you level up? That dont level up naturally when you level? My VGplayer not only shows I dont craft nor diplo but also I leveled correctly with no exploiting. So honestly if anything is hilarity its that. I think whats going on here is Ebonlore does have a bad rep and I dunno what they have done in the past nor do I care. However I think I am getting the short end of the stick due to the GMs disliking for Ebonlore. That doesnt make it right. I love being in Ebonlore its the most organized guild Ive been in and at the same time I have fun there. Thats why I play this game to have fun. But when something like this happens it just proves to me and beyond its more then about being a simple game to SOE. Its about money. Of coarse! Its always about money. I honestly think to them hacking/exploiting has nothing to do with it. In my opinion I think they see Ebonlore and even myself as a bad investment. We excel at pvp and we upset a lot of people for whatever reasons. Some may be true some may be false. However there is no rule saying you cant be a pvp guild that pushes anyone aside that isnt apart of your guild. Its not Ebonlores fault the server or this game is dead. Its Sigils and SOE's fault. There way of going about fixing things is beyond me. Instead of fixing it well just falsely accuse the players or guilds being petitioned and lose more subscribers in hopes maybe more people will come back? Wow funny shit. If someone actually looked at my logs they would see I really wasnt using this unknown shit exploit but part of me feels they arent going to even bother to look because they already know I wasnt. Its sad and I hope this isnt the case, but if it is like I said I play to have fun and if this game needs to stoop to this low of a level then Ill find another game.

Comment

You were only banned for 7 days. I wouldn't be too angry because you will be able to play again next week. The only reason to be very upset at all is if you actually get completely banned from the game because you were wrongly accused.

Of coarse! Its always about money. I honestly think to them hacking/exploiting has nothing to do with it. In my opinion I think they see Ebonlore and even myself as a bad investment. We excel at pvp and we upset a lot of people for whatever reasons.
            Excelling at pvp im sure has nothing to do with their decision. Excelling in pvp because you've exploited a bug in the game to give yourself an advantage, is a reason. This is what im sure they are taking into consideration for your "suspension". Whether or not this is true is only going to be known by you, but I can say however that I have had my buffs stripped by your bard and its not an intended game mechanic. Its not entirely a bowl full of shit to know that EBL doesn't always play on the level.
            Honestly just deal with your hands being slapped and don't give them a reason to investigate you again. Or we will see you in the next game :)

Comment

Well its really hard to say I wasn't there. I just sounds fishy to me that the GM's would not take the time to go and check to see if your char was in game and active. Though all this could just come down to that they want your gone from the game. The Sartok Community hates you, and they are probally getting tired of all the E-Mails and Petitions on your char that, they decided this is a good way to get rid of you. Though its a 7-day suspension, I would bet your account still won't even work after that 7-day.

It just shows that if your going to be a hated player and cause problems for the GMs and such, be prepared for stuff like this. Bugs and Exploits aside, not going to accuse you I don't really care, though I do know of some bugs you used on me a couple times, mainly the Invis instant kill one. So probally in Sony's eyes your a nuisance that they are better off without.

Come play Team Fortress 2 Id like to blow ya up a couple times in that.

Comment

It has nothing to do with me or them hating me. It happend to four of us. We all got the same email with the same magic time 3:40 PM PST. How could he catch four people at 3:40 PM PST. The funny thing is the other three are all newer members. One being a new member that just came from Bladesworn. So this is why I dont think its a personal attack on me but the guild.

I used to charm yes and I was warned on it and have stopped. I cant let this go because I know I didnt do anything wrong. You all know I raise my son solo. I bring this up because hes never seen his Mon but when he was born. Hes been with me since he left the hospital. On 11/18/07 we made plans for him to for the first time see his mother. So this is something that I cant forget. I logged out at 2:20 PM PST and arrived at her apt at 3:00 PM PST so I know for a fact where I was at 3:40 PM PST. Its hard to ignore something like this and Im hoping my logs really are reviewed. I know they havent been reviewed by the GM who did the suspending because had they been this would of happened. Im this confident because I know I was at character select. I know that I always am at character select. Anyway Im hoping Sharron Morris does the right thing when she gets my email.

Comment

that reply was typed in a hurry with my son on my lap so sorry for the typos. I noticed I cant go back and edit them.

Comment

Darkon just to clear something up. The bard invis insta kill lol its not an insta kill. It is now considered an exploit but when I would dot someone with invis song playing it wouldnt register in there combat log nor would I pop up there agro or put them or myself in combat. All that happens is your hp drops and you get a bard icon. So unless your always watching your hp which most who dont think they are engaged dont you wont see yourself dieing. Usually it takes at least 8 seconds to kill the person so its not instant. When I used this it wasnt declared an exploit it is now and has been announced. All tho I was never warned for this because I stopped doing it when I found out how that it was a big deal.

Comment

You have zero credibility. Anything you say is almost entirely a fabrication of the truth.

No one cares about your kid(seriously, no one knew or could care you have a kid, no sympathy for you) or your 'hey i stopped exploiting, really!' attitude. What's my point? Save your essays about your innocence to someone who knows absolutely nothing about you or hasn't had any personal experiences with you. They are the only ones who might take your bullshit seriously.

It's good that you're finally putting forth the effort to make intelligible(that's a stretch) and calm posts, just cut the shit. This is the last place it's going to work.

Comment

Aside from all the crap, I think personally you should stop bringing rl into these forum postings for any reason at all. No one in OPP cares about your personal life and/or your son getting to see his mother for the first time ever. IMO you are using it as a sympathy play because all the points you have made could have just as effectively been made without the in depth references to your kid, and all that other unrelated non sense. Even if you arent, it still has no place being mentioned on gaming forums for any reason.

No one in OPP will think better of you IVG because you are a solo dad. It just does not matter in this game or any other and we do not care. We care about properly formatted forum postings with accurate facts within them and preferably screen shots to back those facts up. Seriously man, if you are gonna be our number 1 fan, you need to follow the rules like all the other fans out there and maybe even an example or 2, eh?

Comment

All that needs to be done is my logs checked when they are and this is fixed youll be the first I pm the email to Fun. If you only knew how wrong you are.

Like I said earlier this isnt attack against me for being the most hated. It happened to four of us. We all supposedly got caught at 3:40 PM PST. All get identical emails. The other three members where newer members. One being very new an ex Bladesworn member. All of these where sent in emails and all of us didnt realize we where suspended until hours later due to actually not being in game. All of us that this happened to dont diplo or craft so it proves even further that something fishy is going on. VG is known tho for having a game full of errors and a staff full of retards so this is the end result. Maybe it was an honest mistake and the GMs have no clue how the game works. I did explain to Aughos aka Ian Conway a while back when he accused me of warping how invis in this game works while moving and running at bard speed. He thanked me followed by an apology for the info. This was when I was in Legion tho. I wasnt in there eyes the spawn of satan yet. Anyone with an Ebonlore tag to them adopts this title the second they get the tag. But once again it doesnt make it right. Ill fight this all the way until justice is server and I can hand people like funhat plates of you got served pwnage pie.

Comment

I brought my son up because its something thats a big deal that you dont forget. Its not like oh um yea I wasnt even on at that time because I was sleeping. Thats not worth mentioning. But something like my situation or being at work ect something with credibility is worth mentioning because its something you cant mix up or forget. You know for a fact in that situation where you were at that time. Thats why I brought it up not to make you guys think any better of me. I dont care what you think of me. I just saw your headline and you claim to like facts. Well it was full of incorrect ones. Ill state the true ones and that will be that. So as Im now clearing this up as well I see no other issues that needed to be set straight. From this point on the replies will most likely be impish attempts at insults and such. Those I dont need to reply on. Unless a new false statement arises.

Comment

Originally posted by Reree/Past
                              Darkon just to clear something up. The bard invis insta kill lol its not an insta kill. It is now considered an exploit but when I would dot someone with invis song playing it wouldnt register in there combat log nor would I pop up there agro or put them or myself in combat. All that happens is your hp drops and you get a bard icon. So unless your always watching your hp which most who dont think they are engaged dont you wont see yourself dieing. Usually it takes at least 8 seconds to kill the person so its not instant. When I used this it wasnt declared an exploit it is now and has been announced. All tho I was never warned for this because I stopped doing it when I found out how that it was a big deal.
                              Hmm was that the song that did like 1k dmg a tick. All I know I be running along then drop dead I look in my combat log and see I was takeing 8 ticks for dmg for like 1k each.

Comment

Working...
                              X