Ebonlore Mass Banned from VG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonlore Mass Banned from VG

Ebonlore has been mass banned and the remaining players kicked from the guild.

Originally posted by Head GM Moonlight
    23. You may not operate a guild that habitually violates these rules, or a guild that is founded as a hate group or other game disruptive ideal. Disciplinary issues involving guilds may be addressed with the entire guild. Guilds whose members habitually violate these rules may be issued guild warnings, and can even be permanently disbanded.

Guild Leaders and/or officers may be held accountable for any actions of their guild members, in addition to any other actions that may be taken. It is therefore the responsibility of the guild leadership to ensure that all guild members abide by these rules.

In the last two days SOE customer service has taken severe action against 7 players from one guild for the continual use of breaking our Rules of Conduct and Terms of Service with use of third party programmes, teleport hacking, and duping. As such, we have been left with no alternative than to disband this guild as per our policy shown above. This is something we do not take lightly, and has been months of investigation time, not a quick decision.

As with all guild disbands, any guilds created with similar/misspelled names either legitimately, or with the intent to harass will be disbanded and those creating such guilds will have action taken against their accounts.
    http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/posts ... c_id=23100

Originally posted by Mexa GM of Ebonlore
    Yeah know I always say if you're going to go out do it in style!

SOE has deemed Ebonlore in violation of Rule 23 of the ToS and has held the leadership of Ebonlore accountable and forcibly disbanded the guild in game.

I could write a book about how much of a disappointment Vanguard has been over the past year but I'm not going to waste your time. Instead I'd like to make 3 simple points to say goodbye to this disaster of a game:

1) The game stopped being fun 6 months ago! APW is NOT going to save this game.

2) Trying to maintain a raid guild in Vanguard with quality PvP/PvE raiders was next to impossible with the dismal player base we had to recruit from. 99% of the hardcore raiders left months ago!

3) We publicly announced months ago that we were only still playing Vanguard because there was nothing else out there to play worth our time while we waited on Age of Conan's release in March.

Oh and Sharon thank you for the official goodbye post I can assure you Ebonlore has no interest in ever playing another SOE game. I'd offer to hook you up with Mistical down in SD but he doesn't do fat chicks!

ta ta!
    http://ebonlore.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=11414

After months of watching this unfold all I can really say is...

Nice Die Part III

With Ebonlore's track record I wonder how long it will take the Funcom staff to ban these retards when they move to AOC?
    Less than 3 months
    0%
    3 Months (Shadowbane's Record)
    0%
    9 Months (Vanguard's Record)
    0%
    More than 9 Months (Everquest's Record)
    0%

Vindication is so very sweet.

I commend the SOE staff for finally taking action against the most exploitative guild in the game, but 6 months of silence with conflicting enforcement of company policy has left a sour taste in my mouth. In my experiences SOE has the most incompetent staff of any MMO game I have played to date, which is quite an accomplishment of its own.

So I'm going to err on the side of optimism and say that the AOC staff will be much better prepared to deal with these things and solve them in a more timely fashion. For that matter I doubt they will create as much weaknesses in their system to allow as severe a problem as this was in the first place

I give it no more than 3 months

Comment

This is good for a laugh:

Originally posted by Mexa of Ebonlore
      Ebonlore Opens Recruitment for AoC:

Ebonlore celebrated 10 years as a guild this year!

Many of you know us from UO, EQ1, SB, EQ2, and VSOH.

We are very successful power gaming PvP Raid guild that has dominated every game we have played!

We are looking to play AoC on a US based FFA PvP server.

With the failure of VSOH to provide enough raid content for us to raid 5 nights a week we've made the decision to move the guild over to AoC within the next 90 days.

If you are looking to be part of a top notch world 1st PvP raiding guild then you need look no further!

A couple of things you need to know about Ebonlore before you consider applying:

1) We are an 18+ adult guild (Sorry kiddies go play Toon Town)
      2) We require 60% raid attendance to maintain DKP bidding rights
      3) Most of our members play daily and raids will be scheduled 5 nights a week!
      4) We are a top 2% guild! We expect you to be able to play your class to it's fullest potential in both PvP and PvE!
      5) We don't tolerate drama - If you aren't a good fit for the guild expect to be shown the door!
      6) Earning membership in the guild takes work and the vote of your fellow members. During your Trial and Applicant periods you are expected to prove your worth to the guild!
      7) Expect to be rewarded greatly for your efforts pioneering world 1st content!
      8) If your idea of good PvP is hacking to win then you need to go find a different game to play. We don't tolerate the use of 3rd party hacks in PvP. We also have a strict attended policy when you are in game!

Feel free to drop by Vent/Forums and introduce yourself if you are interested in applying for AoC

ebonlore.ventrilo.org port 3791
      http://forums.ageofconan.com/showthread.php?t=35004

None of those facts he posted are even true! Oh yah wait EBL played UO Pacific right? hahahahaha Newb ass guild...

I remember after a bunch of them got banned and then burned down and embarrassed in Shadowbane everyone was saying they were dead for good...but then along comes Vanguard to give them a safe place to hack away for almost a year now. I'm not very optimistic about Funcom "over-all" but they have to be able to be able to ban most of the startup cheaters within a Shadowbane time frame or the game will absolutely fail so that's my vote.

Comment

I don't play vanguard (tried, my computer sucks) but I read these forums.

I don't remember Ebonlore from UO at all but I must say, I "lol"d reading this. Fucking newbs get what they deserve. Wasting your life away in video games is kinda sad in itself, but wasting your life away cheating in video games..... mucho sadero.

Comment

Yea, I cant remember them from UO either. I dont think anyone who we know from around then still does actually.

Anyways, I dont really care how long it takes for them to get the boot. I honestly hope they can make it last and long as possible cause as long as they are screwing up the AoC servers with their pure "domination" they arent messing up the DF ones...

Comment

I love how this happens in like... every single MMORPG we play?

Step 1) Random guild #347 hacks as much as humanly possible

Step 2) Random guild #347 comes on our forums talking trash about how much they "dominate the server"

Step 3) We tell them they don't actually dominate anything because they are exploiting/hacking

Step 4) They deny all hacking/exploiting charges, claim to be innocent of any misconduct, and then accuse us of "using the same things they do" (I love this part)

Step 5) Random guild #347 is perma banned + forcibly disbanded by the game's GM staff for massive exploitation and hacking.

The thing that absolutely boggles my mind is why these people run around denying it so vehemently for MONTHS when every single person knows the truth. Either shut your mouth or man up and admit to it.

Comment

Funnier than that even, is the fact that they can still be beat when they hack/exploit with larger numbers.

Comment

That's what always leads to these types being caught. They hack and mass recruit to zerg people and still lose the majority of their fights. So they elevate the level of hacking to try to win instead of simply learning to play the game better.

When their 3rd party's started causing ping issues in entire zones it was pretty obvious that their friends on the GM staff couldn't protect them anymore. If they had just stuck with the teleport/speed hacks and PvP exploits they probably wouldn't have been banned.

Win at all costs = Greedy

Comment

Working...
                X