OPP’s Shadowbane Legacy:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPP’s Shadowbane Legacy:

There’s been some OPP SB fan activity on a few different SB boards lately. As most of you know we don’t discuss guild rules publicly very often but in this case I wanted to publicly clarify a few to avoid future confusion from old friends. One of the most important thing to us is protecting our name and what we’ve done so here we go.
    Originally posted by OPP Members Guide
    -All members in all games are required to be under OPP run “in game” guilds. Members playing games with no OPP run “in game” guild can only be in another guild with OPP tags or OPP in their name. You are required to have some sort of OPP tag at all times.
    -OPP members are restricted to posting on the OPP message board only. Any posts found elsewhere that may be of importance should to be posted on the member’s forum so an Elder can reply accordingly.
    *note: this rule applies to forums of games we are playing or have played and associated guild forums.
    So what does this mean to the non-OPP member? It means that anyone claiming to be OPP will have OPP in their name or title and anyone posting on your forum is either tagged as an OPP Elder or IS NOT A MEMBER OF OPP. Furthermore, in the years since we left SB one member has resigned and one was kicked. Neither were council members but one was promoted to Elder in VG. Now, on to the specifics:

There was a post made on the SB forums quoting our SB Victories list. It’s basically a thread digging up the past and trash talking. If you want to read the whole thing, go for it. I’m posting this because I hate it when people try to re-create the past for their own benefit:
    -OPP had a reactionary bane policy which meant that any guild that baned us or attended a bane on us would be baned in return. We didn’t run around throwing banes at people because banes usually meant people quitting the game, which meant less people to PK, which is our purpose for playing games. Every single guild that attended a bane on OPP had their city burned. OPP had two cities on Dread and neither were ever burned. We had the oldest city on the server by far, in-fact I think I remember someone posting that we had the oldest Capitol in all of SB which is saying something if you consider that we PKed the shit out of everyone and had small alliances.

-In true OPP style we offered group duels to anyone and everyone we came across and participated in bunches of tournaments. We lost one group duel out of five to PE back on Dread and that was the ONLY one we lost at any point through our SB history. OPP won every tournament we participated in, most of the time going up against other OPP groups in the finals. I'm sure that the people who are questioning our PvP ability were the ones that played Barbarian and continually declined our GvG challenges because having a twinked meat-shield wasn't enough to hang against player skill.

-After Dread most of OPP left SB and the few remaining members moved to Vengeance where we teamed up with a few other Dread guilds (TBW, BKA, DoW) under OPP nation tags to fight an alliance EB/TP/TSL that encompassed over 60% of the active binds on the server. With mostly GOD/LKK/OPP (usually 10+ to 1 odds) we burned the TSL and TP cap. We also burned the majority of EB subs and exposed that they had a GM in their guild helping them at banes. When this happened, said GM decided to move skills around on a number of OPP charcs so that we would have to refine for months to make our charcs decent again. The GM said that we had “bugged charcs”, screwed us over, got fired, and the UBI staff refused to admit it thus fix it. The server was mostly dead at this point and we were beta testing WoW so rather than re-rolling half our guild ISB we got more WoW betas and moved.

-After betaing and then playing WoW on nerzhul (uhg…) we went back to SB on Mourning, then Bral, and then Wrath before we quit for Vanguard. In all of our time ISB we lost two cities(one on Vengeance to a several thousand bind alliance on our four day old city and one on Bral to a thousand bind race-based asian zerg). At the same time we played a major role in burning hundreds of cities.

I would estimate that our track record speaks for itself here and doesn’t need to be dug up by short bus drivers that are mad because they got trashed and burned in a game that we played years ago.

OPP members are currently Beta testing numerous games which we can't talk about and one that we can now. Pirates of the Burning Sea has had their NDA lifted and open beta has started. OPP is NOT returning to Shadowbane, k?

Look for a OPP Status Update Post sometime soon outlining our plans for the next few months.

If you register on the forum you can view our news archives and comment on the news! You must verify your email so put a valid one (gmail is banned due to spam). If you have any registration issues we can verify or manually create an account for you. Email: Jackal@opponline.net with a username and password.

No more VG for OPP?

Xanit's coming back !

Comment

I beleave where comeing back when the APW patch goes in. I know I am. Right now where having fun being pirates :)

Comment

you're all such newbs hahah

New Thread

Originally posted by Fats of OPP
        I would like to clarify as an elder of the "old" OPP that we have no interest in associating with anything Shadowbane or boasting about past glories. We officially pulled out of SB and cut all ties almost 2 years ago, anyone still playing are not guild spokespersons

as for who is the better OPP, that is the type of thing that can only be solved with a somber game of slap and tickle. We'll have to set that up sometime
        FYI I'm a slap and Tickle champion...

Comment

Originally posted by Jackal
          you're all such newbs hahah

New Thread

Originally posted by Fats of OPP
          I would like to clarify as an elder of the "old" OPP that we have no interest in associating with anything Shadowbane or boasting about past glories. We officially pulled out of SB and cut all ties almost 2 years ago, anyone still playing are not guild spokespersons

as for who is the better OPP, that is the type of thing that can only be solved with a somber game of slap and tickle. We'll have to set that up sometime
          FYI I'm a slap and Tickle champion...
          I think i remember you tripping over your own feet during our last duel and your face slapped the ground your hand tickled yourself. That doesn't count as a win!

Comment

I heard Xaj tryed to play Slap & Tickle, but he couldn't figure out why he kept waking up face down & his anus hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaz
              I heard Xaj tryed to play Slap & Tickle, but he couldn't figure out why he kept waking up face down & his anus hurt.
              Stop including me into your fantasies, the answer is still NO!

Comment

more...

Comment

IMO we need some OPP back on Sartok. The ebonlag monster is gone, although possible havoc adopted that mantle.

Just think of how much you'll be able to grief us come apw?

Comment

Ebon eh Ismaris.. nice, why because you don't like us?

We've done nothing wrong other than give some old members a second shot. I hardly see how that's any different than Xanit grouping with Chimera. So funny to see you guys teamed in battle.. all those old Legion players look great standing next to you.

We've stated as much as we can that any player caught cheating will be kicked and reported. Should be end of story.. if you see something happen report it then let us know. Really though.. I don't think your group is capable of playing this game without creating something to cry about.. yeah go on talking all your trash and grouping with known cheaters, all the while portraying us as some kind of bad guy... lol

Anyway.. sorry OPP you have to read this mess. Please continue on with your Slap & Tickle fight.

Comment

Jesus do you fucking follow me around?

We had three chimera players show up on their own accord wanting to "kill some havoc" so we let them pvp with us. Hell you had 4 players on us anyways.

I don't not "like" havoc, I just think you and kamshits are forum warrior douche bags. That clear things up?

Comment

Nope not following.. I often stop by OPP just happened to see a new post up.

Of course what I read was more fucking Xanit bullshit with Havoc's name in it. What you think I'm not gonna respond to that you tard? Here's a clue.. if you want Havoc to stop replying to your flames.. then stop posting about us. Seriously, it's not that hard to understand unless your freakin retarded. You've been back what a week now? Shut the hell up and enjoy the game. We didnt just go through the Ebon shit storm to come out listening to your garbage.

Seriously.. you momos have turned our recruitment thread on VGforums to 5 pages because you can't get off of Havoc. No one invited you.. no one even mentioned Xanit until you started flaming away.

Sorry again OPP...

Comment

I eat meow mix

Comment

Originally posted by Xaj
                            I eat meow mix
                            I like Liver

Comment

I wish they delivered

Comment

Working...
                              X