Ebonlore Spin Machine Rolls On

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebonlore Spin Machine Rolls On

Many of you probably remember this screenshot of Tzigone buffing himself with Acuity:

This is just one of the many screen shots on this page showing Tzigone casting fire sham buffs on himself. The reason this one is so conclusive is because he had just died and the only other person in the entire Martok area was Morlana (a bard). After months of arguing that having three patrons was not an exploit, SOE actually backed up this win-at-all-cost hacker making an amazingly stupid statement:

Originally posted by GM Moonlight
    Having three patrons was not considered an exploit. It was a design flaw on our end with the way the three quests were set up, and as such we decided not to punish anyone other than to remove the other two.
    Quote Link

So using a loophole (an exploit!?!) in game design to give your charc numerous spells they shouldn't have is not an exploit? It's not like he logged in one day and had all these new spells, he actually had to go out of his way to read up on and then abuse a bug to get extra spells. Yah, its a design flaw and so is every other exploit and the fact that third party programs work. So how do we determine which hacks and flaws are "allowed" and which are not? I guess I'll just quote myself:

Originally posted by Jackal
    The fact that Tzigone isn't banned illustrates a the massive shortfall in the abilities of SOE GMs.
    Mexa was banned after a year hacking away IVG. So the question is, will SOE get rid of the rest of the trash like Morlana and Tzigone anytime soon?

Doubtful...SOE is simply inept when it comes to game development, design, marketing, maintenance, and support. Look at their most recent MMO release, Pirates of the Burning Sea. The game plays like a beta from 2001.

I tried the open beta for the Pirate game, its an updated clone of a different pirrate game i played long ago... and it sucks.

Comment

Working...
    X