The De-Evolution of the SOE PvPer:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The De-Evolution of the SOE PvPer:

As in all games threads pop up on the VG Forums talking about needed PvP fixes. What gets me is that as time has gone by they have become more convoluted and just generally dumb. Many proven X-Ebonlore hackers have even been embraced within the community just weeks after their ban. It was like, people disliked Mexa because he bragged about hacking but guys like Morlana and Tzigone who didn’t openly admit to hacking and get banned are “good people”. What kind of a dumbass would take the time to find out if someone is a good person when they cheat at video games?!?

I came to the conclusion awhile ago that the reason people are such bad PvPers in VG was because the better players left due to hacks and most of the more resilient player base came from games like EQ, DAOC, and SWG. The most current “discussion” is basically an argument that classes should have 100% player immobilization skills that last 20-30 seconds, abilities to 2 shot people, and the ability to hide right next to someone without them seeing you. Great competitive PvP balance there, right?

It makes you wonder how intelligent these people actually are. I mean, not just ignorant but truly stupid. This EQ -> WoW mentality has spawned some weird De-Evolved gamer that wants to bring 12 guys to fight 2 and have an “Easy Button” that they can push to insta-kill their enemy. In VG I’m in the thick of poor player skill but we saw it spreading to SB and now as far as player run UO servers.

When someone is in another guild they “hack”, when they’re in yours they’re “good people”. When some other class turns you into a sheep for 10 seconds it’s “unfair” but it’s “OK” that you can fear them for 30 seconds…and so on. I should have a button to to win and they shouldn't, right? Win at all costs to build that E-Fame!!!

It all just re-enforces my point that Developers should NOT listen to the random retards that post on forums. Even after 10+ years it still frustrates me more than anything because I just don’t like the idea that people are really this stupid and worse, getting stupider…

GAH!!!

It's getting to the point that I'm starting to feel that Devs may need to at least consider coding this behavior out of their games.

Sartok Forum Thread

I think it's time to stop reading that forum. I think I'm losing brain cells trying to lower myself to that level in an attempt to understand.

If you register on the forum you can view our news archives and comment on the news! You must verify your email so put a valid one (gmail is banned due to spam). If you have any registration issues we can verify or manually create an account for you. Email: Jackal@opponline.net with a username and password.

The problem is that the people coming from EQ have no concept of what it means to play a game based on player skill.

They are so absorbed in itemized PvP and games where the only counter to itemization is massively overpowered crowd control abilities that they can't even fathom what a game with balanced PvP would be like.

Try posting in the WoW forums and 90% of the people who respond to you will say stupid shit like "If you want a perfectly balanced game go play counterstrike!!". I assume most WoW/EQ clones suffer from the same problem.

Those of us who played and loved UO for years got good at it because we put in the time and effort to GET good. When you were 7x and were fighting an opponent with the EXACT SAME character as you, you knew the outcome of the fight was based on your ability to NOT SUCK instead of on the gear you had on. Thus, losing made you want to get better...

Comment

UO is not dead!

Comment

lol i would totally go back and play uo again

Comment

Who are you ? (Esponda)

Comment

i am a potential new recruit... just letting my feat soak in the water before i get in

Comment

That's not Water!

Comment

oh god .... it has a rather sticky consistency

Comment

Working...
                X