Come Play Darkfall!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Come Play Darkfall!

So the server has been up now for a little over two months. The majority of players have by now gotten a solid understanding of the basic ins and outs of Darkfall. In my opinion, Darkfall is a great game with huge potential. Once you've dedicated the time to raise your skills and develop your character all there is left to do is have fun and PvP! That's not to say you can't just jump right in and start PvPing right away. Archery is by far the most effective ability in the game, and other than the minor bonuses that you receive at 50 and 75 skill, all that limits your effectiveness with archery is your ability to aim and an understanding of the amazing in-game trajectory.

OPP has been out PvPing every day and having a blast, collecting tons of loot and creating lots of new friends. It's nice to say the "newb-days" have passed and we're now experiencing what Darkfall really has to offer. Although part of me will always look back fondly on the memories of running around in cloth armor, swinging my newbie weapon wildly and even getting a little bit of the "hand-shakes" when engaging in some of my very first Darkfall battles.

Here's a couple screen shots to remember those days by:

All of the screen shots below are 1-2 months old.

One of my first true DF victories, killing a moderately-geared Alfar 1v1 with nothing more than my newb staff and polearm. The drake in my pack was his, he attempted to hop on it with less than a sliver of health. Needless to say, he didn't get very far.

I had absolutely no idea who this guy was. He sent me this tell after dying 5+ times to the guard towers because he was hitting me once and dying, over and over. Someone in OPP was obviously making us all proud. What a bunch of "dutch bags".

I had just shown up to this spawn moments before receiving the above tells. John Ares was a member of this guy's clan, you can see him and another of his clan-mates just to the left of my shoulder on a ledge.

Obviously I had absolutely no idea what this guy was talking about, but that didn't stop me from spending the next couple minutes stealing their kills and taking their loot until they left the area. Later that day I found out that someone else from OPP had done the same and he was actually claiming that looting someone else's loot was "inhibited" by the EULA.

I wish I could take credit for this gem but all the credit goes to Rza/Cloud of OPP. Cloud had killed this guy while he was in town and gotten away with some nice loot. Of course this being no big deal to Cloud he didn't even notice the guy going crazy in public chat so I took it upon myself to screen shot it in Cloud's favor.

This guy is fucking crazy.

As you can see from the timestamps I had just logged in only to be welcomed by this friend of Night Crew going bat-shit in public chat. Gotta love those speedhack accusations, oh Night Crew, how I miss thee.
    In exactly 5 minutes this guy goes from claiming we only attack blue players to claiming we are too "pussy" to attack blue players. Read: fucking crazy.

That's all for now, stay tuned for plenty more rage-tells and OPP worship. Also I've got fraps up and running whenever in-game now so it will only be a matter of time until I have more news updates and some PvP videos to go with them.

Re: Come Play Darkfall!

Also, for anyone who is interested, here is some information and a link on how you can start playing Darkfall today!

Originally posted by Tasos
    The Shop will be open the week of May 11th for those interested in buying Darkfall. The link to the account management is here:

https://accounts.eu.darkfallonline.com

Opening dates/time
    Monday May 11th: 3pm GMT
    Tuesday May 12th: 3pm GMT
    Wednesday May 13th: 3pm GMT
    Thursday May 14th: 3pm GMT

Opening hours are subject to change without warning so please check back with this thread.
    Click for Source

Comment

nice article ^^

Comment

I love our fans!

-Donk

P.S. Nice Die

Comment

I'm having a blast IDF!

The mechanics of the game are amazing and the potential for mass PKage is endless...

Comment

im lovin it

TM Mcdonalds

Comment

funnies

Comment

My computer is still blown to smithereens. =( Yes, I am still paying for my account rofl.

Comment

Have been having a great time IDF would be even better with more OPP. GO GET IT!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X