NA Transfers Coming Very SOOON!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NA Transfers Coming Very SOOON!

Character transfers are going through final tests and will commence early next week. There will be an official announcement with all the details before they happen. The transfers won't be real-time, it can take about a day for the transfer to be finalized.

Some preliminary information in QA form with questions taken from the forums:

Q: Do quests start over?
    A: No, you get to keep them

Q: Will we lose skill upgrades?
    A: No

Q: Will the journal stats be reset?
    A: Yes

Q: Are we going to be forced to rename our character?
    A: Only if the exact name is already taken on the NA server

Q: Will you have to pay for a NA copy during or after the free month of transfers?
    A: No, but there will be a transfer fee back and forth between EU and NA servers for those that want to transfer their characters.

Q: Can we change race?
    A: No

Q: My EU account is unsubbed, can I still transfer?
    A: Yes

Update to original post:

Q: Will I need to get an active subscription on NA1 to play?
    A: Yes you have to buy a subscription package on NA1 (also see below)

Q: Can I transfer my remaining subscription on EU1 to NA1?
    A: There are people that want to keep their EU account active so it's only by request if you file a customer support ticket AFTER the transfer is complete. You also need to buy a subscription on the NA1 server whether you transfer an active subscription on EU1 or not. The EU1 remaining subscription time is added to the subscription time you buy on NA1.
    http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showth ... p?t=219723

Great News!!! For everyone that was waiting for us to move to NA to get their account...now would be a good time. We've left our recruitment in a pre-launch state so it will be easier to join. We'll end that state once we get setup on NA so contact me now if you plan to grab DF NA and want to join.

It will be madness with a lot of EU players jumping into the mix on NA. Should be great times!

Re: NA Transfers Coming Very SOOON!

Finally, we get to play an FPS game with decent ping!

I really thought they were going to do transfers after the expansion, I'm really eager to see the patch notes for the expansion.

Comment

The game continues to get better and miraculously they continue to deliver on their promises.

Comment

HURRAY! I can't wait.

Now that our characters are near done that leaves plenty of time to PK on NA.

Less lag + More people = More PKage!

-Donk

Comment

yummy

Comment

Q: Will you have to pay for a NA copy during or after the free month of transfers?
            A: No, but there will be a transfer fee back and forth between EU and NA servers for those that want to transfer their characters.
            does this mean you can go back and forth between servers on a whim?

that's actually a pretty cool feature, one server slows down or gets dull, mix it up for a couple bucks

now that i think about it, i'm really surprised older mmo's never allowed this

Comment

I don't think they've said what restrictions will exist on transfers but look at WoW, you can xfer around as often as you want for a fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackal
                I don't think they've said what restrictions will exist on transfers but look at WoW, you can xfer around as often as you want for a fee.
                they haven't really mentioned any restrictions, just that transfers to NA will be free the first month and after that you will be able to transfer either way for a fee. hopefully this means wow-style transferring, not that i would ever go back to EU ping, but it is good for the game.

Comment

Working...
                X