Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey Lets Punish People for Playing Darkfall!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Lets Punish People for Playing Darkfall!!!

Darkfall has taken its first major mis-step and now they’re following it up with a few more. In true UO style the GMs have decided that it’s a better idea to focus on finding unattended macroers than to stop the epidemic of speedhacking. GM’s have been literally combing player towns handing out 24 bans for the last month while blatant hackers that have been cheating since EU launch are still running around.

GM 1: “Hey we’re getting reports of Turd Burglar hacking again”
    GM 2: “Hang on I’m banning AFKs for no reason”
    GM 1: “LOL, yah look at him skip off and on people’s screens and dump loot to his alt under the ground! Ahh fuckum I’ll go ban AFKs too”

I sent a letter to Adventurine stating the obvious and asking them not to make the same mistakes of their predecessors. They never responded…This is a pivotal issue because it takes an unrealistically long time to build a character attended. So why alienate all of your casual base and all of the new players coming into DF? This brings me back to the question I always tell Devs to ask themselves: IS THIS FUN?

Let’s see…
    -Is it fun to get PKed over and over by characters that are far superior: no.
    -Can 5 newbies take on one fully build/equipped vet: no way in hell.
    -Do people buy DF to kill monsters: no, I'm pretty sure WoW has that covered.
    -Do people buy DF to do quests: no, I'm pretty sure WoW has that covered.
    -Is the skill grind now the point of playing DF: Maybe? That sure does sound fun!

So what could be the benefit to this recent action be? The only net gain that the DF staff could get from stopping macroing is bandwidth. However, they still haven’t even added an AFK timer so that doesn’t make much sense. The only conclusion that I can come up with on this is that the GM staff is doing this without approval from the devs or both groups are at least temporarily retarded. Although, based on other recent changes I would venture to guess that they've all just completely lost focus.

I was waiting to post this in hopes that someone at adventurine would reply to my message. As I stated that hasn’t happen and now the GMs have stepped up their awesome campaign of "punish the average subscriber for playing" by sloppily banning random AFKs too. This is the exact same road that the UO staff went down years ago. It’s disheartening that devs who supposedly played UO are going down the exact same shit covered pothole ridden road as UO. Hey, lets give corrupt underpaid staff members free reign to ban anyone they want under the guise of unattended macroing! Fantastic guys!!

Why do devs always feel the need to punish the silent majority that makes up 80% of their base? They’re already buffing mindless mellee gimps to a massively OP level, rewarding world ending server zergs, and randomly throwing bans for no reason. UO 1998 anyone? I can’t wait for the first time someone hits me with a “para blow”. GoGo Dumbassery…

I guess I’ll have to turn myself back into crazy ranting and raving Jackal so the average player has a voice…

*Goes and puts on his OP mellee gear and sets up a macro to spin in circles spamming “HELLO GM I AM ATTENDED”*

Re: Hey Lets Punish People for Playing Darkfall!!!

It's honestly making me not want to re-up next time subscription is up. Makes more financial sense for me. I have to spend more time with school due to non-perfect grades - and now I have a fairly active social life. The time where I do play, I want to pvp, not sit around and level skills. Since I've already been handed a ban, I guess I'll be stuck with a decent character rather than the end game characters that we fight. (Always outnumbered as well.) I really don't want to bitch about this type of thing, but something has got to give.

Either drastically lower the amount of pve you have to do for skill gains or allow macroing. Leave PvE to WoW and people that want to have the best enchants on everything they own.

PS - maybe the gms have a harder time spotting the hacker jumping around, than the afk macroer... =)

Comment

Passive skill gain for the win.

When will developers realize :(

I blame all the WoWers for solidifying the developer mentality that time sinks are super awesome!

Comment

Their logic is that the more time you have to invest to build a character, the harder it will be for you to quit and give up the investment. Good idea, but bad implementation. Figure out some other way to hook your base and have them invest time rather than grinding. This is horrible though since it pretty much takes away any chance a new character has of catching up with the end-game characters.

Comment

same old story

game companies put too much resources into content for the developing rather than the developed, then wonder why players want to fast track through the developing stages and quickly lose interest when there isn't enough to do afterward

Comment

There's been lots of talk on the DF Forum about this. About 3/4 of players want a solution to the long grind. Some want AFK macroing because it gives a reward for raising big towns and some want some sort of rested xp/power hour added. The most recent poll is at about 70% in favor of legalizing macroing and 30% against.

Obviously AV was wrong on this matter and is behind the curve on a fix.

Comment

Working...
            X