Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upcoming Patch Notes

from the Official Darkfall forums:

The patch notes are ready for release since we know exactly what will make it into it, so we’re posting them below:

* Normal mining nodes now have a chance of dropping a rare metal ore
    * Mounted combat damage is reduced from 200% the normal damage to 150%. This applies to all weapons except sithras (which are still at 200%).
    * Battlehorn weight has increased from 100kg to 200kg
    * Invulnerability shield after revive has been reduced to 10 seconds from 60 seconds
    * Wildlife has been added to many cities and clan cities. This includes cats, rats, chicken, pheasants, manthe spiders.
    * Added a toggleable sound notification when receiving a private message.
    * Corrected the hitpoint advancement for all players. Hitpoints now increase faster at lower Vitality/Strength levels
    * Siege stone marker now displays the correct icon.
    * Several performance optimizations
    * Siege stones can no longer be placed under waters.
    * Corrected an issue where during a siege you couldn’t destroy a main city building if you had previously destroyed a wall
    * Fixed a bug where you could have mage killer or mage hunter without penalty
    * When you log out underwater, you will log back in at the same spot.
    * The following spells can be cast instantly without charge time. You can still hold the spell by keeping the left mouse button pressed.

* Impale
    * Pungent Mist
    * Dragonbreath
    * Unholy Caress
    * Frostbite
    * Insect Swarm
    * Mana cost has been increased by 50% and cooldown by 30%, except for Pungent Mist which has a Mana Cost increase of 100% and a cooldown increase of 50%.
    * Cooldown for Eye Rot has been increased to 30 seconds
    * Splash damage is related to your distance from the explosion center. This applies just to player cast spells against other players.
    * Sea Fortress cannon damage has been decreased by 25%
    * Sea Fortresses will now go vulnerable every 10 days and their rewards have been upgraded.
    * You can no longer be decapitated by monsters.
    * In order to have a chance to decapitate another player, the finishing blow has to be dealt by a melee weapon and target health has to drop below -10 hitpoints.
    * Added quality 5 Rakta Blood to monster loot lists.
    * A player can now deploy a maximum of 2 strongboxes of the same type at the same time.
    * The following have received visual updates:

* Windlord monster
    * Cult of the Moonbeast buildings.
    * Gnoll camps
    * Some arcane spells
    * Cannon explosions
    * Malaut Camps
    * Death pig texture.

Again, we appreciate your patience while we get this patch ready for release.

Re: Upcoming Patch Notes

No more water log!

I like the decap change.

Comment

i like all of those changes except maybe the critters in town thing...seems pointless?

Comment

Originally posted by Jackal
        i like all of those changes except maybe the critters in town thing...seems pointless?
        PURDY! haha I agree pointless. The animals in the wild are good because before if you saw movement it was a person.

Comment

Originally posted by Dafyyd
          * Normal mining nodes now have a chance of dropping a rare metal ore
          * Mounted combat damage is reduced from 200% the normal damage to 150%. This applies to all weapons except sithras (which are still at 200%).
          * Invulnerability shield after revive has been reduced to 10 seconds from 60 seconds
          * Corrected the hitpoint advancement for all players. Hitpoints now increase faster at lower Vitality/Strength levels
          * When you log out underwater, you will log back in at the same spot.
          * Cooldown for Eye Rot has been increased to 30 seconds
          * Splash damage is related to your distance from the explosion center. This applies just to player cast spells against other players.
          * You can no longer be decapitated by monsters.
          These are my favorite changes in the notes.

Can't wait to test out the instant-cast ray spells, maybe we're going to see more corpsecalls and ray-mages now?

Comment

I'm curious if people will get every ray spell and spam em like crazy to start off a fight..more so I'm curious how powerful/viable that will be.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperCow
              I'm curious if people will get every ray spell and spam em like crazy to start off a fight..more so I'm curious how powerful/viable that will be.
              more like used to finish people off and sync up. They def made a couple good spells better.

Comment

Working...
              X