Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passive/Offline Skill Gains IDF

Originally posted by Tasos
    The unnamed feature mentioned in the last activity report has to do with offline skilling. A lot of thought has gone into making this feature meaningful, useful, and balanced. The purpose of offline skilling is curbing macroing, giving newer players a better chance to close the gap, and to cut down on some of the tedious repetitive tasks that exist in the game. We’re hoping to launch it as soon as our next patch in a couple of weeks so there’s been a lot of activity around this feature, developer cooperation, feedback from everyone concerned, statistical analysis and all kinds of number crunching. Of course, the most important feedback will come from you, our players, and we’re sure there’s a lot more to be learned from your experience using this feature. We’ll also try to share more information with the community and get some feedback before we launch it.
    Full Post

This is fantastic! I hope they implement this in a meaningful way that really helps new players and casual players with the grind.

Re: Passive/Offline Skill Gains IDF

Originally posted by Tasos
    A small clarification: We're not looking to upset the game's balance by adding a convenience feature and this is why I mentioned there's a lot of thought and balancing going into this. So on offline skilling, we'll start with a small amount of skills and gradually expand it, and obviously many skills won't be included.
    Tasos made this clarification. This worries me because the basic skills in the game can be maxed with just a few days worth of work. I hope that they do include the difficult/expensive skills, otherwise a passive skill gain system is pointless.

Comment

hope this lessens our grind to the end game, but i highly doubt that for some reason.

Comment

Makes me wonder if they will take out the skill gain from hitting other players, so they can get rid of macroing all together. So they put this offline skill gain in place and take away the ability to skill up by hitting other players. If this happens, I won't bother with this game anymore.

Comment

Macroing helps the game currently. More people/loot to be had when raiding a city!

I'm sure you'll still be able to gain x2 amount more by hitting monsters and x amount more by hitting players.

Comment

Most likely it will be limited to the "General Skills" and not so much Melee and Magic. Any adjustment in skill gain, no matter how basic, will be great for the overall game. Maybe not so much the casual veterans but instead it will be aimed at the new and unfamiliar, which is more important in my opinion.

Comment

when is the "push for finished charc" button feature due out? i see we're building towards it!

Comment

there's no skill cap in DF and hundreds of skills so a "true" finished character with every skill and spell in the game maxed out takes literally decades.

Comment

lol.

Comment

there's about 15 skills you need to make a completed character minus the ones like running that you can max out in one day

with that said it would be nice if they allowed you to create all the charcs with one maxed mellee and spell line

Comment

Aventurine said in a blog interview that they were going to be introducing it for the magic schools first, so you (hopefully) won't have to grind useless spells to get the actual good ones higher up in the tree.

Comment

Working...
                      X