Massively.com Does Darkfall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massively.com Does Darkfall

Darkfall was the winner of a vote to be given an in-depth review by one of Massively.com's writers and as a result he is currently playing as part of clan NEW on NA-1. This is some good exposure for Darkfall and could serve to give a good look at the game for those of you who still haven't given it a try.

The Wayback Machine

After re-familiarizing myself with the controls, I spent the next day or so running around Silverspear, Red Moon, and the surrounding wilds. Regardless of your chosen race and starting location, you'll want to head to your racial capital city early in your Darkfall adventures and pick up the six title quests given out by various NPCs. Each of these tasks involves a fairly lengthy series of kill quests that reward you with stat increases, decent amounts of gold, and gear that is a step up from newbtastic. More importantly, title quests give you ample opportunity to pick up the game's combat system and get to work on your desired character build.

I elected to focus on raising both my two-handed weapon and spell-casting skills, and the poor goblins around Red Moon and its outlying villages paid the price. It was here that I started to realize just how much fun Darkfall is and how much it reminds me of an earlier (and better) era in MMO gaming. No, that's not rose-colored glasses or the dreaded nostalgia, forum warriors; I simply prefer worlds to games.
    If you want to read the entire first article you can find it at http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/11...yback-machine/

Re: Massively.com Does Darkfall

Good to see DF getting positive press. The game hasn't been marketed right at all. People who enjoy the incredible ease of games like eq/wow will probably not like how competitive and difficult DF is. The game should be marketed to EVE/UO/FPS gamers. Basically, competitive gamers rather than ego boost gamers.

Comment

Re: Massively.com Does Darkfall

Originally posted by Jackal
      The game should be marketed to EVE/UO/FPS gamers.
      that demographic will single handedly waste your entire marketing budget! lazers/dead game/no patience = not df

Comment

Working...
      X