DF Introduces Offline Skilling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF Introduces Offline Skilling

It remains to be seen if the cost will make this worthwhile compared to afk macroing, but a step in the right direction nonetheless.

A summary, from the official Darkfall blog:

As you all know, today’s patch will add the already announced meditation system to the game. Here is some basic information about the system.

In order to use the meditation system you need to purchase meditation points from your journal while being in game. You can buy up to a maximum of 100,000 points which are non-refundable. The gold is taken straight from your bank.

To set up skills to meditate on you can either use the in-game journal page or the out of game Darkfall External Web Interface Tool (D.E.W.I.T). Depending on your server you can access the tool from the following links: EU D.E.W.I.T – NA D.E.W.I.T

On the meditation page in your journal, you can select the skill that you want to meditate on. Keep in mind that you must have already purchased the skill in game. You will be able to see how many meditation points a skill needs to get to 100 and if you start meditating on it you will also see how much time it will take. The meditation system is subject to diminishing returns.

You can abort meditation at any point without losing any of the skill points you have already gained. Meditation will stop if you run out of meditation points, if you disable it yourself, if the skill you are meditating on reaches 100 or if your subscription runs out. Meditation will also pause when you log in the game and resume when you log back out. There is also an Auto meditation feature that will randomly select another skill once your current one gets to 100.

Re: DF Introduces Offline Skilling

So another way for them to earn more money off selling gold. DFFT$W

Comment

In it's current implementation "meditation" will not be anywhere near the best way to gain skills but it will serve as an alternative for people who can't keep their charcs in game 24/7. I expect them to fine tune this more going forward.

Comment

seems like a waste though because you get no stats or mirroring skills like intensifies and stuff like that atm but im sure when they get some feedback that it will soon also affect stats

Comment

For something like melee mastery or 100 out a melee skill from 90s I see this as being fairly useful. I don't give a shit about gaining the extra .48 st and vitality I'd get for bringing my mastery to 50. Only problem is it's a bit too expensive atm. 1 for 1 gold/meditation point is kinda lame. Just makes you farm gold instead of farming gold & spells.

At least you can apply it to every skill but they should of allowed you to use this on spells though.. gaining 100 to spells on top of skills is just tedious and dumb

Comment

Working...
          X