LoL goes political and asks for your help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LoL goes political and asks for your help

Hi, this is Congressman Jared Polis of Colorado. As a member of the League of Legends community (partial to Anivia and Maokai), and as someone who made his living as an Internet entrepreneur before being elected to Congress, I’m greatly concerned about the future of the Internet and gaming if Congress doesn't wake up. You may have heard that Congress is currently considering a bill called the Stop Online Piracy Act, or SOPA. While SOPA has a ton of problems, there are some significant issues that I thought fellow gamers might want to know about.
    An actual US congressman posted on the LoL forums. Whoa.

Read Here

Re: LoL goes political and asks for your help

Wow, badass

Comment

hah check google right now (01/18)

Comment

funny tweets by dumb people freaking out over the wikipedia blackout
        https://twitter.com/#!/herpderpedia

Comment

It's kind of funny and little bewildering, but I have to consider the huge implications.

Especially when it comes to Google and Wikipedia's participation. Politicizing the front page of a website which 2 out of 3 Americans visit multiple times a day has large and frankly, unknown effects. I agree with the message, down with SOPA/PIPA, but... I also don't like how this creaks open the door to having politics injected into mass mediums like these.

Comment

I agree it's very strange in an almost uncomfortable way. I don't want to see this become a precedent for future political agendas, however when they have massive, game-changing implications on how these websites and the internet as a whole operate they are justified in making their positions loudly and publicly known.

Comment

Working...
            X