Opp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opp

We’ve been receiving a ridiculous amount of requests for information on recruitment so I figured I would make an all-encompassing recruitment post that we can refer to.

Open Friends and Family recruitment for Archeage will be closing down in the next couple of weeks. After that we will resume our normal invite only recruitment policy. What does this mean for the average non-OPP? It means if you want in, now is the time to push for it. Once we go to invite only we generally only recruit top tier people with great personalities (and we all know most of you nerds out there have bad personalities).

The questions I most frequently get revolve around how OPP is different than other guilds. If you already know and want to join you don’t need to read any further.

OPP is different because we don’t fall into the two stereotypes:
    1. Large mass recruited guilds that crutch on throwing bodies at a problem to win. Your typical zerg guilds where you’re just a number. In these guilds it’s not unusual to have members break into random song or have a raid get canceled due to a local ren fair being in town. These guilds often hunker down and grind which bleeds members because no one is actually having fun.
    2. Small highly active “play to win” guilds. Your typical twink basement dwelling neckbeard guilds that play 24/7 to get a level/gear advantage. Ego, ego ego. Everything goes great until people start to catch up, they lose a few battles, and then “poof”. These guilds often burn out and disappear or change leadership very quickly.

OPP is one of maybe five guilds in the world that has be relevant in every major PvP based MMO ever made. Additionally we may be the only guild that has had consistent leadership for that whole time. Last month was our 17th anniversary. But what really makes OPP different other than consistency?

We focus on having fun first. Nearly every other guild I’ve come across focuses on winning first. Winning = fun right? No, this leads to a very toxic environment that ends up being counter-productive. OPP wins because our members don’t rage quit, screw each other over, leave randomly, or use the guild for their own ends. We just play the game and we have a low stress fun time because of it.

So I could say that OPP provides a consistent level of excellence, but there’s dozens of guilds out there that are fun and have good players. It goes deeper than that. We don’t spam recruitment threads because we don’t need anyone else. No one ever leaves for a damn good reason. OPP provides an environment where you can focus on what you enjoy in games, where the relationships you build don’t go away, and most importantly where the work you put in doesn’t go up in smoke or into someone else’s pocket.

OPP members are family and if you want to be part of that you’re going to have to work for it.

Where/How can I contact the guild in game? I was with you all at the launch of GW2, wasn't my cup o'tea so I bowed out. I rebuilt my PC so I no longer have the voice communication information, I remember there being a mIRC channel back in the day.... Let me know, would be nice to stop in and say hi. I like what I've seen so far in Archeage.

Comment

IRC DL: http://www.mirc.com/get.html
      Server: stratics.frws.com Port: 6667 or 6668 Command: /join #opp
      The OPP IRC tab at the top of this page will get you in there but the webclient is very unreliable

We use teamspeak and the info is in our IRC channel.

Comment

Working...
      X