Burnouts and Attention Whores

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Burnouts and Attention Whores

There continues to be a lot of chatter about everything that's wrong with AA with very little focus on how these complainers play the game themselves. Newsflash dickwaffles, when you make the decision to play a sandbox game you take on a lot of responsibility to make your own fun. That is the fun...it' is NOT 100% structured like WoW...you CAN do what you want. But these morons continue to pick up whatever the next new game is, zerg up, and set out to achieve each game dictated goal one by one. It makes me wonder if an independent thought has ever popped out of their single brain cell.

I was reading through this thread where some idiot is rambling on about the changes he would make if he ran the game. Boring right? Well yah but I did have two take aways:
    1. He calls himself the "King of Heemdar". I mean seriously, how much of an awhore do you have to be to call yourself the king of something. Remember when Jetstar promoted himself to High King of KGB? These people are all caricatures. I guess idiocy runs rampant in some circles because this guy is from the same guild that I wrote about last week that made the post where OPP were called cyber bullies. If you remember that guy called himself "Captain of the Yorktown". Seriously, you can't make this shit up...
    2. He puts "Trolls in this thread will be reported. Don't bother." Or in internet speak: don't disagree with anything I say. That's funny by itself...but what makes it even better is that "Scorcerer King of Heedmar" proceeds to "troll" anyone who disagrees with him for 13 pages...yah 13 pages of his guildmates jerking him off and him flinging accusations of cheating (again from a guild that posted a video of a member cheating), to RL insults, to claims that people ruin the game for him (ala "cyber bullying"). But yah dumbass, "trolls will be reported"...right.

So...I think we can all agree that guys like Sorcerer are irrelevant burnouts. They even claimed that some guilds disbanded and "surrendered to them" in another thread. How do you surrender to these guys? Go looking for them at nui statues? And that's the second multiple page thread on this garbage in a week.

So what's new here? Nothing, and that IS the point. We see these types in every game. Non-contributors who play to supplement their RL issues. They bitch and complain while doing nothing to make the game more fun. They're your stereotypical "female WoW player". They are part of these ridiculous "here today - gone tomorrow" mass recruited zergs that are entirely irrelevant unless you're interested in instanced gameplay...again not out in the sandbox at all.

How many guilds are out there that want to push this game to it's limits? As usual, not many.

In closing...flying boats.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	12-19-14.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	86115
    Last edited by Jackal; 01-19-2015, 10:50 AM.

You forgot to sign off as Jackal -- High Prelate Chancellor of Hellswamp! Derp.

Agreed on all points. It's all about instant gratification and shineys with these folks. There is a scripted end game for them and when that's done for them time to complain and bitch endlessly until they move onto another game. Even UO trammies weren't these bad of carebears...mostly.

I predicate my opinion of a game based on how it reels me in. I consider myself a very casual gamer in comparison to how I once played in my UO/SB heyday for a number of reasons (kids, wife, age, etc.) I can honestly say AA more than any other game in years has me hooked. This game is right in our wheelhouse, and it's been a lot of fun.
    Last edited by Orion; 12-24-2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

I dont know about the rest of you but I am in for some roleplaying and casual cyber....no strings attached.

Love,

The Dread Pirate Commandant Jimi the Hand
      Lewdness Ambassador of OPP
      King of Thieves

Comment

I also approve of this title thing.

His Holiest Pillsbury Doughboy Fats
        Commander Douche-nozzle 2nd degree of the Beaner Brigade
        High Queef of Kwanzaa

Comment

They call me Grand Mastah Funhat, High Advocate of all Chocolate Monkey shenanigans

Comment

Working...
          X