"I play video games to escape reality"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "I play video games to escape reality"

There's a new OPP Love thread up on the official kyrios forums. With people getting better at video editing it's become much easier to spread believable propaganda. Over the last month three separate videos have been posted depicting OPP losing a fight. Fair enough, we all lose fights. So what's the big deal? In each of those cases we had won numerous fights prior to losing one, but that "one part" is highly edited and posted. In one case we had held our ground significantly outnumbered for several hours before finally wearing down and losing a fight. The video was presented as a single fight that had just started and we lost.

When you manipulate video to only include one very small part of a larger fight you're creating a propaganda piece...and I don't have a problem with people doing that. Beating a guild like OPP regardless of the situation is a major victory for most guilds which raises morale and can make a great recruitment video.

Which leads me to my point. I question the accompanying posts denying reality which makes me question the motivation behind creating these propaganda videos in the first place. They claim that they're posting the video for fun. If that were the case they would post the whole fight so everyone could be entertained. That has yet to happen.

It's a little frightening how many people out there have created a convoluted gaming persona. It's your stereotypical nerd with little man's syndrome which is nothing new. Take Graum from Dream Evil who posts under USFNOOB on the forum. The guy is constantly running his mouth with nothing coming out of it.

Now before I start in on examples. Here's a picture of OPP camping the Dream Evil Guildhouse and killing them each time to try to come in.

...moving on: on Page three of the previously referenced thread Graum posts:

Not once have you come to us about it. Also for Semi, she just hates your guts and doesnt want to deal with you. How about you come to the Yamsion like you used to when you outnumbered us, lose, bring more, maybe win, if lost, bring more. If win, we come back with the same numbers until we win. We win, then you come back and maybe win. When we return we find your portal back to hellswamp. Remember when I said you bitch out claiming victory?
    Now I realize that he posts in idiot speak that needs to be decoded so I'll help. He's basically saying that Dream Evil regularly beats OPP even when they're outnumbered. OPP probably fights DE in some way 4-5 times a week. I don't recall ever losing anything semi even to DE. So of course we had to call them out. When called out by Funhat and publically challenged, Graum says:

I'm not going to "setup" a PvP fight. Everytime you guys roll up on us (at least when im present), we do roll you. And then you give up and leave. Your welcome to keep trying, however I'm not going to setup a PvP fight with you...
    The thing that started this debate was OPP stating that DE won't group duel us. The above bag of dicks named Graum argues and then confirms the very thing that started the discussion. DE won't group fight us even numbers. Which brings me back to my original point.

Do you think he is so fucked in the head that he believes his own bullshit? It's really disgusting how fucken stupid some of these kids are.

In closing, I leave you with a pic of three Bad intentions members talking shit while hiding in a nui from two OPP. Nice Die.

Attached Files
    Last edited by Jackal; 05-26-2015, 04:20 PM.

I think the answer to your question is yes. He's delusional.

If DE ever beat OPP in a semi-even fight, there would be video of it plastered on the forums.

Comment

With twitch.tv becoming popular it's almost like every kid wants to try and grow his ego by showing how badass he is. The difference between a stream and their e-peen stroking is that viewers only really give a shit when they see the whole story, not what you cut up into nice little pieces for them to consume at your leisure.

I stopped taking screenshots after every kill my last year in Ultima Online, 2002. OPP and I know who we kill and how often, including ratios and numbers. Unlike some, they aren't so far and few between, therefore we don't feel the need to post every victory video/screenshot to the forums while screaming "LOOK AT MEEEEE". We know we killed you, YOU know we killed you. Clearly this isn't the case for most gamers these days. It's real simple though, if you think you're better.. fight us.

Odds are, you'll bitch out like Graum and DE.
      Last edited by Funhat; 05-26-2015, 04:35 PM.

Comment

I play video games to escape... from New York!!

Comment

I was talking to Thug about this few weeks back. Don't bother with arena since seems like everyone posts there highlight reel on forums to stroke their ego. Can beat them 9 outta 10 times but they will be sure post that one kill and talk about how badass they are.

Originally posted by Funhat View Post
          With twitch.tv becoming popular it's almost like every kid wants to try and grow his ego by showing how badass he is. The difference between a stream and their e-peen stroking is that viewers only really give a shit when they see the whole story, not what you cut up into nice little pieces for them to consume at your leisure.

I stopped taking screenshots after every kill my last year in Ultima Online, 2002. OPP and I know who we kill and how often, including ratios and numbers. Unlike some, they aren't so far and few between, therefore we don't feel the need to post every victory video/screenshot to the forums while screaming "LOOK AT MEEEEE". We know we killed you, YOU know we killed you. Clearly this isn't the case for most gamers these days. It's real simple though, if you think you're better.. fight us.

Odds are, you'll bitch out like Graum and DE.

Comment

Twitch is crap they limit your bitrate that you can stream at, so the quality of the gameplay looks like crap when your moving around alot. I would stream on Youtube, they just turned on 60fps and you can stream at what ever bitrate you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkon View Post
              Twitch is crap they limit your bitrate that you can stream at, so the quality of the gameplay looks like crap when your moving around alot. I would stream on Youtube, they just turned on 60fps and you can stream at what ever bitrate you want.
              How does that make any sense? Didn't Youtube buy Twitch?

Comment

Working...
              X