OPP and the West

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPP and the West

There's a thread firing off on the Official Kyrios forums about disfunction on the west. OPP was brought up so I thought that this would be a good time to publicly announce some of the changes OPP made last month and also clarify existing rules.

New Guild Rules:
    • Mercing: OPP will begin declining contracts against non-TWOII western guilds. In other words we won't blanket accept all contracts to kill specific people or guilds like we have in the past.
    • Declaring Wars: OPP will stop declaring wars on pro-western guilds. To be clear, this does not give guilds free range to take actions that hurt OPP. For example: if someone is green healing a guild we're fighting we'll still declare.

Existing Rules:
    • Western Events (CR, GR, etc): OPP does not interfere unless we're specifically excluded from a raid. OPP will continue to interfere with Eastern Events whenever possible.
    • Robinhooding: OPP gives away hundreds of packs each month to new players. I don't think we need to step up these efforts so we'll continue to do it at the current pace.
    • Help: OPP spends our nights looking for competitive fights. I frequently ask in faction if anyone needs help. I want to step up those efforts and encourage the west to reach out to us if they need help. We leave our TS open so people can pop in if they need something.

Generally speaking, OPP does not promote activities that are bad for competition on Kyrios and I can't emphasize that enough. It's where we differ from nearly all other guilds. OPP leadership keeps the big picture in mind which is why the servers we play in these games are always the most populated.
    Last edited by Jackal; 10-05-2015, 12:08 PM.

Originally posted by Jackal View Post
    • Mercing: OPP will begin declining contracts against non-TWOII western guilds. In other words we won't blanket accept all contracts to kill specific people or guilds like we have in the past.
    • Declaring Wars: OPP will stop declaring wars on pro-western guilds. To be clear, this does not give guilds free range to take actions that hurt OPP. For example: if someone is green healing a guild we're fighting we'll still declare.

• Western Events (CR, GR, etc): OPP does not interfere unless we're specifically excluded from a raid. OPP will continue to interfere with Eastern Events whenever possible.
    • Robinhooding: OPP gives away hundreds of packs each month to new players. I don't think we need to step up these efforts so we'll continue to do it at the current pace.
    • Help: OPP spends our nights looking for competitive fights. I frequently ask in faction if anyone needs help. I want to step up those efforts and encourage the west to reach out to us if they need help. We leave our TS open so people can pop in if they need something.
    I wanted to bump this to give a quick update. OPP continues to follow the above guidelines. It's our goal to help the west compete with the east and the pirates. That means that OPP will be available to help anywhere that there is or may be PvP. In specific situations we may even help with PvE. For example: we help PUG raids with world bosses everyday - without us they wouldn't be able to do a lot of these.

I want to be clear that I'm talking about large efforts. Isolated individual efforts are not necessarily supported by OPP or the west in general. I've been very clear in every communication that our pro-western stance will not be a detriment to OPP. In more specific words, if someone is doing something that is negative to the West we will absolutely still kill them. Examples:
    • A guy was running his yap in faction chat about OPP so a member killed him and camped him for awhile. He then started running his mouth more about "OPP's pro west stance". To be clear: we don't view it as negative to the west to kill a loudmouth.
    • Guilds were helping the East get Anthalon. OPP attacked the east so some west guilds purpled on us. OPP is against a major East/West alliance. We view that as something that hurts the west and will fight it.
    • Specific people kicked OPP from Honor rifts. I outlined that above. In that case we war declared on the guild and stopped them from doing the rift. There will always be some fallout in situations like this. It benefits us all to rebel against anyone running these rifts that's causing drama or problems.

I could go on and on. The bottom-line is that OPP has and will continue to help the west with winning world events, killing world bosses, etc. We will however, not allow guilds to leverage our stance against us. This is really just common sense but I wanted to clarify.
    Last edited by Jackal; 11-24-2015, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X