Old School UO Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old School UO Opinions

I was recently asked by the media for my opinion on the top three OSI UO Servers so I thought it would be fun to share here. I don't believe you can objectively list a top three without separating the same way I would separate Shadowbane servers: Small Scale vs Large Scale.

Best Small Scale PvP Servers:
    1. Pacific
    2. Sonoma
    3. Catskills

This one was easy. I played all UO servers and this isn't debatable.

Best Group/Guild PvP Servers:
    1. Pacific
    2. Baja
    3. Chesapeake

This is really close. All three of these servers had really legit large scale server wide wars. You could swap any three of these servers. I gave Pacific one because of PGC 1, 2 and 3. and Baja two because of LOD vs LOTD.

Napa players are going to be annoyed with their snub, but the reality of the situation is that they didn't have enough great pvpers to rank as a great dueling server and their large scale was filled with under geared quitters that just sucked. Atlantic players know that Atlantic was hands down the worst PvP servers in UO in every way so your server can take your tamers and go fuck off.

The last big debate has really always been over Siege Perilous. My opinion that was SP was a joke of a sever from the jump. The top guilds on SP were recreations of legendary guilds and were way better than their reincarnated shit stains. SP was just a zergfast with bad pvpers.

Well said.

Comment

I don't think there was ever anything close to Pacific at its absolute apex. It had the most staying power than any other west coast server by far. The multiple iterations of server wide warfare were second to none. The best duelers all played on and came from Pacific. The server was also home to the greatest pvp duo the game has ever seen -- So much that they even had a (retrospectively, not so cheesy) website dedicated to their greatness. (ALT F4 snafus, aside.)

It's not even close.
      Last edited by Orion; 04-06-2016, 08:39 AM.

Comment

Lol WOW Orion. I just wish those pics still worked

Comment

Me too.

Comment

Holy shit that website..... Got a little lost in the old school OPP messageboard archives too. Many nostalgia pains.

So I'm just going to leave this here--

August 21, 2000
            A lot has happened within these four days of no updates and primarily that being the VvV tournament last night. The 2on2 turned out rather unfortunate for Mag and myself as we lost the first round due to the fact he hit alt f4 twice which close UO completely. We were given a second chance and we won, but then he did it a second time during the next fight so we lost. The winners of the 2on2 Mages Tournament was Jackal and Yaz congratulations to them both on a job well done.

rematch in order?!?

On topic we're all obviously biased but having PvP'd on Napa, Baja, Siege Perilous and Lake Superior, Pacific was head and shoulders above that lot especially before the EU and Asia shards launched. Our community was unique in that it strove to perfect the craft of competitive duels and warfare while most others just didn't care as much. I remember looking for fights in dozens of the same hotspots I'd go to on Pacific but there wasn't nearly as much action. In Pacs heyday you could go to the Deceit duel room any time of day and find someone to duel, but on other shards it was a deadzone half the time and even when you could find someone the no pots no pouches rule wasn't standard like it was on Pacific. Some shards even allowed magic items, what the fuck?

Pacific was simply the pinnacle of PvP and I feel lucky to have experienced UO on it.
            Last edited by Fats; 04-06-2016, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I'm Rich Raiiiiine, bitch!

Comment

UO pacific will always hold a special place for me. I tried multiple servers before landing on pacific, and I remember my first encounter with people on this server very well. I happened to find the x roads on a different server so naturally when adventuring that's where I first went after starting on Pac. The difference? There were a group of people who had set up a road block on pacific, who then proceeded to trap me between boxes until I payed a ransom. I payed, they killed me anyways. Greg for some reason must have took pity on me and allowed me to join their guild. That was 18 years ago and just the beginning of all the shenanigans that encompassed Pacific.
                I don't think there will ever be a game that can hold up to what UO Pacific had to offer in its prime

Comment

What media site is he talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkon View Post
                    What media site is he talking about?
                    MSNBC, from what I heard. I guess they're doing some sort of in-depth feature in relation to MMO chronologies as a lead-in to the Warcraft movie coming out in June, and wanted to get feedback on one of the preeminent guilds in relation to UO. Pretty interesting topic. Seems a little out of the box for their genre, but interesting they're going in this direction.

I HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA!!!! MAYBE CNN???
                    Last edited by Orion; 04-08-2016, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Jackal got contacted by some fucking 15 year old high school student with a media pass, if you think its CNN or anything like that your a fool

Comment

WNNN -World News Network Now

Its a Christian news network on public access. John Tesh does voice overs for there promos. Apparently he is family with the director and lead anchor.

Comment

Behold -- The mystery man with the media pass!

Comment

Trump News Network

Comment

yah it was Donald Drumpf's campaign manager. He used his one call on me so I figured it was important.

Comment

Working...
                              X